Cheap $20 a month Stand Alone Unlimited Rural Internet through AT&T Wireless

/ Cheap $20 a month Stand Alone Unlimited Rural Internet through AT&T Wireless #1,821  
On the bright side tech keeps improving and your tech dollar tends to buy more.

Lots of tenants back when I managed s lot of property had free or nearly free services... heck... even laptops were freebies in some cases.

You would think living in the heart of tech SF Bay area in a big city coverage would be great... even caused problems for me at work when work stop using pagers which I found worked everywhere.

Sometimes geography trumps as in terrain or physical distance from central office with DSL...

/ Cheap $20 a month Stand Alone Unlimited Rural Internet through AT&T Wireless #1,822  
Anyone still using the plan? The Mobley is not on the ATT list of approved devices anymore. Witht he 3G network shutting down I figgured this would kill this plan. I am not on this plan, but had my MOFI device stop working due to the 3G cut off. My Nighthawk arrives today.

/ Cheap $20 a month Stand Alone Unlimited Rural Internet through AT&T Wireless #1,823  
Anyone still using the plan? The Mobley is not on the ATT list of approved devices anymore. Witht he 3G network shutting down I figgured this would kill this plan. I am not on this plan, but had my MOFI device stop working due to the 3G cut off. My Nighthawk arrives today.
Still using my Mobley Sim in a Netgear 4gLTE Modem with a nighthawk router behind it and it connects to 4g not 3g

/ Cheap $20 a month Stand Alone Unlimited Rural Internet through AT&T Wireless #1,824  
Still using my Mobley Sim in a Netgear 4gLTE Modem with a nighthawk router behind it and it connects to 4g not 3g
It is the mobley device itsself not the sim that is the issue. Since you put the SIM in a different device it should not be a problem.

How do you like the Netgear? Mine arrives today so I hope it is good.

/ Cheap $20 a month Stand Alone Unlimited Rural Internet through AT&T Wireless #1,825  
It is the mobley device itsself not the sim that is the issue. Since you put the SIM in a different device it should not be a problem.

How do you like the Netgear? Mine arrives today so I hope it is good.
The Netgear stuff is rock solid. Modem is a LB 1120 and the Router is a Nighthawk R7450. Speeds are typically 35 down and 25 up with a 36 msec ping time. Not bad for $23 a month

Last edited:
   / Cheap $20 a month Stand Alone Unlimited Rural Internet through AT&T Wireless #1,826  
Anyone still using the plan?
Yes still using the Mobley, it is on 4G now:

4G.JPG

The SIM Card has never been out of the Mobley.

Last edited:
   / Cheap $20 a month Stand Alone Unlimited Rural Internet through AT&T Wireless #1,827  
My Mobley still works as OOB but service could not be slower. Both my iPhone 5S and 1st gen SE work ok so far to access this site. They must be 4G, which should be backward compatible.

/ Cheap $20 a month Stand Alone Unlimited Rural Internet through AT&T Wireless #1,828  
Spectrum came through for our street with fiber optics, yesterday we were connected!
If anyone wants to buy the refurbished ATT NETGEAR device I bought in December (it accepts the Mobley sims card) Let me know, I will be dropping ATT and have no need for it.

Mike

/ Cheap $20 a month Stand Alone Unlimited Rural Internet through AT&T Wireless #1,829  
Spectrum came through for our street with fiber optics, yesterday we were connected!
If anyone wants to buy the refurbished ATT NETGEAR device I bought in December (it accepts the Mobley sims card) Let me know, I will be dropping ATT and have no need for it.

Mike
Which one? Looking for one of the new 5g ones.