Cheap FEL cylinders keep bending

/ Cheap FEL cylinders keep bending #201  
Thanks for clarifying that you have a history of abusing your equipment and that, despite that, Massey has been trying to help. Excellent demonstration of a manufacturer going above and beyond.
You mean the manufacturer that admitted a part was missing and that the design is wrong? Yeah, they sure as hell better go above and beyond to help.

/ Cheap FEL cylinders keep bending #202  
Not OP, but this is my tractor. MASSEY IS AWARE OF THE ISSUE AND IS FIXING IT UNDER WARRANTY along with the joystick that has done nothing but leak or jam. Needless to say I'm over this tractor, but at this point just giving the dealer and manufacturer a chance to make it right before taking further steps. It's been over a week since my last contact, which included a request for details on exactly what is being done, but so far no response.

As some have pointed out it's likely missing the linkage and they will be putting larger diameter cylinders on it.
Thanks for clarifying that you have a history of abusing your equipment and that, despite that, Massey has been trying to help. Excellent demonstration of a manufacturer going above and beyond.
so missing linkage and using a dealer recommended implement is a history of abusing equipment?

/ Cheap FEL cylinders keep bending #203  
You mean the manufacturer that admitted a part was missing and that the design is wrong? Yeah, they sure as hell better go above and beyond to help.
No, the poster said that based on assumptions he read here. The manufacturer did not say it was missing anything.

In his last paragraph he brags about abusing his previous tractor. That's like complaining you got arrested for beating your new wife and then complaining that you beat your 1st wife and she just took it.

/ Cheap FEL cylinders keep bending #204  
No, the poster said that based on assumptions he read here. The manufacturer did not say it was missing anything.

In his last paragraph he brags about abusing his previous tractor. That's like complaining you got arrested for beating your new wife and then complaining that you beat your 1st wife and she just took it.

You're talking to the owner of the tractor. You look silly. Manufacturer admitted fault.

/ Cheap FEL cylinders keep bending #205  
You're talking to the owner of the tractor. You look silly. Manufacturer admitted fault.
Before or after you bragged to them about abusing your equipment? Oh, didn't share that part with them? Fraud is fraud. Them telling you to buy a stump bucket doesn't mean you can do whatever you want with it.

/ Cheap FEL cylinders keep bending #206  
If the manufacturer's fix is larger (bigger bore) cylinders, then that would open them up for future lawsuits because they will be adding way more force to the design. Keep us posted on the final "fix".

/ Cheap FEL cylinders keep bending #207  
Before or after you bragged to them about abusing your equipment? Oh, didn't share that part with them? Fraud is fraud. Them telling you to buy a stump bucket doesn't mean you can do whatever you want with it.
You're digging a bigger hole than I could with the Stump bucket.

They have the video. In fact they had the video from my dealer before I ever spoke to them. The exact video posted by the OP. Likely OP is a fellow member of the board I posted it on.

When I spoke to my dealer and MF I told them exactly what I was doing and they agreed in no way should it have bent that easily and that they've seen this issue on a few other tractors.

Would you like to challenge my character more or are you done looking silly? You're not only wrong but you're making a fool of yourself in the process with your projections.

Massey is 100% treating me right and I'm respectful and thankful for that. End of story.

Last edited:
   / Cheap FEL cylinders keep bending #208  
My impression of a stump bucket is that they are monstrosities that should be reserved for skid steers only. They have no business on any CUT. Just because a tractor has a skid steer mount doesn't mean eveything that fits a skid steer is appropriate on a tractor FEL. As my dump truck buddies often said, "You have to be smarter than what you are operating."

/ Cheap FEL cylinders keep bending #209  
Was this issue ever resolved?

/ Cheap FEL cylinders keep bending #210  
Oh so many things jumps out at me after seeing all the images…

Notice the holes… why are they unused?

View attachment 721429

When it should have these brackets in place like these…

View attachment 721430

Somebody screwed up at the dealership.
AMEN !!! Exactly. The problem is NOT the bucket nor does it matter what sort of bucket is attached ! The problem is the configuration of the SSQA adapter apparently installed without all the parts !!!! Complete and total screwup by the dealer OR by MF putting them out without the pivot levers.. or potentially even encouraging dealers to install them that way (!?) I'm sure once the matter is sorted out (with the AGCO regional rep being the referee -- and you need him into it NOW) the dealer has no choice but to apologize and make it right. Let him and the AGCO regional rep sort out which of them pays what because there may well be inadequate instructions and/or missing parts coming from AGCO to the dealer for the SSQA installation. Under no circumstance do you the buyer pay a dime.

Look at post #16 and the tractor for sale in Tractor House !! That one is misconfigured too ! So there are many of these out in the field about to bend cylinders and cost many people much grief. Someone needs to get hold of AGCO at a high level.

AND good holy crap, take a look at the YouTube from Vahrenberg at
which compares the older DL95 and the newer Xfl 1805. In their video the newer one has the DOOMED SSQA connection, omitting the pivot lever that we all saw in post #15. This disease is very widespread.

AND same disease showing in another Vahrenberg YouTube with the specific loader also in DOOMED configuration at

AND ... Sub-Compact & Compact Loaders notice here [in a factory webpage, not a dealer or a sale] that the pivot lever is in place. Also note that without the pivot lever the bucket cylinders at full dump are WAY further out and that is when they get bent.

I can't tell whose fault it is - dealer vs AGCO -- but right now no one in their right mind will operate that loader without the pivot lever.

i don’t have à pivot lever on mine ether? but the bucket attachment is different see the bucket back plate mine on the left vs the one on the right

Attachments

• A964680D-5765-476C-9798-9301C99A5567.png
    A964680D-5765-476C-9798-9301C99A5567.png
    5.5 MB · Views: 97
  • 52A2D887-3977-4285-A177-93632EA25C59.png
    52A2D887-3977-4285-A177-93632EA25C59.png
    5.5 MB · Views: 92
Last edited: