Cheap FEL cylinders keep bending

/ Cheap FEL cylinders keep bending #181  
Well i guess im going to break my mahindra loader. my front tires are off the ground more than they are on the ground when using the loader. i am routinely back dragging.

/ Cheap FEL cylinders keep bending #182  
That may be a form of hydraulic self leveling. It would use the flow generated by the boom movement to supplement or detract from the curl cylinders.
I suspect proportioning the cylinder sizes could make plumbing simplest/er and the self-leveling 'close enough' if not consistent. I'd also be interested in seeing the circuits.

IMO, that part of tractor hydraulics (& trouble-shooting, etc) is more fun than backing up a guy who can't tell ORB from BSPP w/o-ring. (they're out there)

Last edited:
   / Cheap FEL cylinders keep bending #183  
IF, I had a dollar for every time I have back dragged with my loader, I'd easily have the money to go buy a NEW farm tractor with a loader on it!

Of course, I'd buy it with another ALO loader on it, as they are built tough enough that back dragging doesn't hurt them.

SR
Which OEM loaders are made by ALO ? I'm not asking to name every one but generally which brands?

/ Cheap FEL cylinders keep bending #184  
Well i guess im going to break my mahindra loader. my front tires are off the ground more than they are on the ground when using the loader. i am routinely back dragging.
Keep it up. Some day LittleBill is going to have a big repair bill.

/ Cheap FEL cylinders keep bending #186  
Back dragging is not a crime!!! :) It all depends on how it's done, what attachment is being used and how hard it's being used, as it's been pointed out before.

/ Cheap FEL cylinders keep bending #189  
Which OEM loaders are made by ALO ? I'm not asking to name every one but generally which brands?
Off the top of my head, in OEM farm tractors, many or most Massey, NH, Fendt, many of the European models like Deutz, SAME ect... The loader on my AGCO 5660, I bought that ALO loader, and installed it myself...

I've used many loaders, but ALO are the best loaders I've ever owned or used, I have two and both are VERY high-quality loaders... I believe ALO invented the loader for farm tractors, and as far as I'm concerned, they are still the leaders...

As for back blading with the bucket edge pointed straight down, I've done it too many times to count, including having the front end up off the ground.

SR

/ Cheap FEL cylinders keep bending #190  
another video of tim, look at all those angles and back dragging..... tires not even close to the ground. Someone should tell him its not a dozer....lol