Cheap heat for uncabbed tractor plus intake preheat?

/ Cheap heat for uncabbed tractor plus intake preheat? #21  
I ended up buying one of these for the welding shop. Plan is to do some much needed oil changes and burn a 50/50 mix with red diesel. Fedex shows it out for delivery today. That was fast!

/ Cheap heat for uncabbed tractor plus intake preheat?
"back in the day" when pretty much all equipment was open station. The name of the game then was to get the engine heat blowing on you. You have an engine running at +/-180 degrees and a fan built in use it. I have seen some pretty ingenious ways to get the heat from motors onto the operator. In the case of tractors I have seen a complete "wrap" where a tarp fully encircled the entire front of the tractor sending all heat back onto the operator. The old boy who did that said his tractor both got up to temp faster and he had to start shedding clothes if he had lots of snow to move
Personally I just dress for it.....wool long johns etc etc.....and I do completely block the rad on my tractor too. Even with no tarps I get some engine heat on me
My 3.3 liter engine does blow some air but never enough to keep warm. I like the heated seat and clothes ideas. Will look into them as well.

The heat will have to wait for a little bit.

This arrived. YEE HAW

Attachments

• PXL_20221215_014941597.NIGHT.jpg
    PXL_20221215_014941597.NIGHT.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 144

and Well I have been waiting for this baby for a while... It gets 1st in line to be up and running. But I will post the diesel heater when it gets here

/ Cheap heat for uncabbed tractor plus intake preheat? #23  
You can still buy "heat housers". They cover the engine sides and wrap around the operator station. They were in common use when you got on all the tractors from the rear.

/ Cheap heat for uncabbed tractor plus intake preheat? #24  
You can still buy "heat housers". They cover the engine sides and wrap around the operator station. They were in common use when you got on all the tractors from the rear.
They also have, had them for side entrys also;
Femco Tractor Weather Brake Heat Houser
1671143154027.png

They were much better then nothing and a considerable amount of heat would blow back through,
it would be enough to melt the snow off your boots after a while. I would recommend a roof or canopy.

/ Cheap heat for uncabbed tractor plus intake preheat? #25  
Time for you to put on your red flannels:ROFLMAO:
A snow mobile suit would be helpful!!!

willy

/ Cheap heat for uncabbed tractor plus intake preheat?
Time for you to put on your red flannels:ROFLMAO:
A snow mobile suit would be helpful!!!

willy
Yep

I got a lithium ion powered vest for Christmas, and I ordered the diesel heater, but not sure whether it will arrive- they refunded my money once and I ordered again.

Also looked through amazons list of 12 volt seat heaters and ordered one of those as well.
Temp came up almost into the mid 40's today, been raining cats and dogs non stop for almost 2 days.

In our area now I would be worrying about building roof collapse if it isn't built for the snow load.

A Cabbed tractor Sure sounds NICE.

/ Cheap heat for uncabbed tractor plus intake preheat? #27  
I don't know about anyone else, but when I'm out plowing snow, it's my hands that get cold. I wish someone would make heated steering wheel like cars have. Shouldn't be that hard. Just a steering wheel and a bunch of adapters for various tractors. I'll take the first one. Heated covers need to be plugged in to cigareete lighters and are not for use while driving. Thay are a gimmick.

/ Cheap heat for uncabbed tractor plus intake preheat? #28  
Heated steering wheel sounds great but I typically use the steering wheel knob with my left hand and the right is constantly on the loader controls so it really wouldn't help much.

/ Cheap heat for uncabbed tractor plus intake preheat? #29  
I just googled heated gloves and socks. Lots of options for both.

/ Cheap heat for uncabbed tractor plus intake preheat? #30  
I found 2 years ago that my Covid mask is really comfortable on cold/windy days and it keeps the cold off my face and warms the air I breath.