Comparison Choosing Between L3700SU and B3300SU

/ Choosing Between L3700SU and B3300SU #1  

FivegreenacresCT4G

Tractor
Kubota - TBD
Any advice on these 2 Kubota models? I know the L3700SU has more horsepower, and a larger turning radius, but other than that - any advice on which one would make more sense for 5 acres that I 1want to finish mow about 2 of, plow snow/grade 600 foot driveway, haul wood on pallets with, dig a pond out, among other things. Also, would a 60" or 72" finish mower be better?

/ Choosing Between L3700SU and B3300SU #2  
I have a l3700su it is bigger and heavier than the 3300. I use a72 inch finishing mower and it work great with it. GET TIRES LOADED. Randy

/ Choosing Between L3700SU and B3300SU #3  
I went through a recent comparison between the L3700SU and B3300SU (among others). I have 8 acres and needed a tractor for regular mowing of 2-3 acres, maintenance of 500ft driveway, and to do various odd jobs around my property. I ended up buying the L3700SU HST w/FEL and QD 66inch bucket, also added cruise control, draw bar, 3 point stabilizer upgrade, and Kubota sunshade. Below are a few reasons I chose the 3700 over the 3300 (and over other BX, B, and L models).
1. More HP to ensure no problems mowing with a 6 foot finish mower.
2. LA463 FEL for 3700SU digs deeper/lifts higher/carries more, vs LA504 FEL for 3300SU.
3. A little heavier frame (L vs B) to better handle heavier workloads (esp loader work) and reduce stress and wear over the life of the tractor.
4. Price difference was not that much, and extra weight was minimal considering (my perception of) increase in capabilities.
5. At the end of the day, it had the best balance of features/specs/capabilities, and most bang for the buck compared to other models (BX, B, and L) for my tractor needs. Also, I had the warning from others ringing in my ears telling me to make sure I didn't buy too small as I can only afford to do this one time so trading up later was not an option.

Some recommend getting tires loaded, but I do not agree this is a requirement in all cases for all people. I did not do this as I wanted to keep weight down, primarily for mowing, to minimize tire tracks and damage to my lawn/sod. I owned a L3710 for 5 years previously and did not have tires loaded on that tractor either. I did plenty of heavy loader work and also snow plowing when I lived in Northern Wisconsin, all with no problems. What I recommend is keep an implement that weighs at least a few hundred pounds hooked up to the back whenever doing loader work. I've used this method over many years on a couple of tractors now and it keeps me properly balanced and weighted down. The Woods PRD-7200 mower I currently use weighs just over 700 pounds and does a great job at providing needed ballast. I've hauled a few bucket loads of topsoil with my current tractor/mower combo and it works just fine.

In summary I have no hesitation recommending the L3700SU, it's a lot of tractor for the money. Not too big, but not too small. Recommend the QD option for the bucket as I like ability to drop just the bucket for mowing, also having the option to change FEL attachments is a nice feature (and increases resale value). I'm very happy and glad a went with the L3700SU, but encourage everyone to think carefully about the jobs they will be performing and budget they have to work with as this will help you make the best decision.

Best of luck with your shopping :)!

Last edited:
   / Choosing Between L3700SU and B3300SU
Thank you so much for all the info KabotaTim, good stuff! Going to look at them both tonight and take them for a drive - so might have some more questions for you.

/ Choosing Between L3700SU and B3300SU #5  
I have 2 BXs and an L3700SU. I looked at the Bs, but in reality they are not that much more capable than my bigger BX. I went with the L3700SU.

/ Choosing Between L3700SU and B3300SU #6  
I went from a BX22 TLB, MMM and bagger to a L3700SU. TLB. I'm pleased with the new machine so far. I would like to have a bit more power with the loader