Chop Saw Reccomendations

/ Chop Saw Reccomendations #101  
Haven't seen posts from him in a long time (was he banned?). Then I type _f e r d_ and the forum changes it automatically to "(removed)". odd.

/ Chop Saw Reccomendations
I get the point about mastering a skill. I don't try to master anything anymore just based on my available time. As a full-time computer/data scientist by day, and property owner by night, I want to be more competent for basic fab and repairs. I took an 8-hour "jumpstart" at a local arc and flame center for stick. If there are ever any open seats, I'd take the week-long night course to force myself to spend time in a booth with no outside distractions. My learning at the moment comes from small projects and needed repairs so I don't get that much time to actually practice the welding part. I try to do each thing a little better each time. I'll keep on digging around.

/ Chop Saw Reccomendations #103  
Oh man, isn't that the truth. I find myself frustrated enough to click on the X most times I'm there and go to Bing. (I'm not a fan of Google--They keep trying to get into my machine.)

Sorry for the drift.
I'm pretty sure amazon has a vested interest in you not finding what you were looking for right away, so that you accidentally find something else to buy too.

/ Chop Saw Reccomendations #104  
I'm pretty sure amazon has a vested interest in you not finding what you were looking for right away, so that you accidentally find something else to buy too.
Perhaps, but that doesn't work for me. Most times I just click-out and they lose a sale. It's getting worse. I don't buy as much from them any more.

/ Chop Saw Reccomendations #105  
I've owned the Makita cold saw for nearly 20 years, Makita LC1230 12" Metal Cutting Saw - Power Metal Cutting Saws - Amazon.com . I'm a "project" welder - I weld as needed to do projects and repairs, mostly for myself these days. I bought the Makita when I was building a lot of gates out of 2" square .120 wall. I wanted something better than the abrasive chop saws, and the Makita is that. Clean cuts, and less deflection of the blade when angled. With proper technique, blades last a long time. To me, the biggest advantage is the lack of abrasive dust. It is my go-to saw for most projects.

I also own a Jet bandsaw, JET HVBS-56 5"x6" Horizontal/Vertical Bandsaw (414458) - Power Band Saws - Amazon.com, a couple of HF 14" chop saws for really dirty, nasty stuff (one has a diamond masonry blade in it), a Cut50 plasma cutter, a Victor cutting torch, and a Milwaukee portable band saw. All have their uses, and each has something it does better than the others.