CJ-4 oil no-no by Kubota

/ CJ-4 oil no-no by Kubota #11  
The question has come up several times on here if I recall. I called kubota, the tech rep I talked to said that their next purchases of motor oil would be CJ-4 to label and package under their name. He told me to put CJ-4 in my 31 horsepower 331 mower. I intend to use Delo 400 in 10-30, that oil goes in other rigs of mine, and I know it will work great in a Kubota.

/ CJ-4 oil no-no by Kubota #12  
I've been running Rotella (CJ-4) for close to 2 years now in a Kubota. No problems that I know of. Been using ULSD for longer than that.

/ CJ-4 oil no-no by Kubota
I've been running Rotella (CJ-4) for close to 2 years now in a Kubota. No problems that I know of. Been using ULSD for longer than that.

I have run it in my old 22 and my by 24 and the UOA are perfect; but I use LC20 too...

My point was that I think Kubota is not based on usuage rather then cover there BLANK..

/ CJ-4 oil no-no by Kubota
That may be more to the point. But high sulfur fuel and LSD are becoming less and less available in many areas as ULSD becomes the only product on the market, be it dyed or not, or even sold as HHO.

I agree but how even sell the old 500ppm sulfer, down to 15 I think...I have not seen that old stuff in like 5+ years.

/ CJ-4 oil no-no by Kubota #15  
The question has come up several times on here if I recall. I called kubota, the tech rep I talked to said that their next purchases of motor oil would be CJ-4 to label and package under their name. He told me to put CJ-4 in my 31 horsepower 331 mower. I intend to use Delo 400 in 10-30, that oil goes in other rigs of mine, and I know it will work great in a Kubota.

The Premium UDT 10w30 is now rated for use in engines requiring CJ-4, according to the jug I picked up last week.

Sean

/ CJ-4 oil no-no by Kubota #16  
ill bet you guys all ready know that cummins recommends valvoline premium blue 15w-40 cj-4. it is their factory fill. go to a cummins dealer and get brochure cf-2272 and cf-2134. i wont say what i run, cause we all know iam not an oil expert, i just play one on tv, LOL. i know iam repeating what i have said before, please forgive. edit: please note iam NOT saying other oils are no good, there are lots of good oils.

/ CJ-4 oil no-no by Kubota #17  
If I remember correctly CJ-4 is not recommended for use with high sulfur fuels that can still be ran in stationary off road diesels. I would guess you'll be fine if you put it in your tractor and run only ULSD. I would also guess that what you are reading is Kubota's general guidelines and since they sell more than just tractors they are going to stay on the safe side.

Ding, Ding, Ding....

I think we have a winner!

I guess all of our Kubota engines will suddenly explode when CH/CI-4 oils become N-L-A? Not.

The only caution I would offer is to reduce the OCI by 1/3 to 1/2 if you use CJ-4 oil in an engine burining LSD (500ppm) fuels.

/ CJ-4 oil no-no by Kubota #18  
Per Kubota Service FAQ:

"Propylene glycol coolant has different cooling properties than ethylene glycol coolant, and may not cool the engine as well in many applications. Since propylene glycol does not absorb as much heat, cooling systems must be larger to accommodate that coolant. Most manufacturers design their cooling systems with ethylene glycol, and the system is not large enough for the additional coolant needed to effectively cool an engine with propylene glycol. So Kubota does not recommend use of propylene glycol coolants."

I can tell you that Kubota does not really know much about cooling systems or engine coolant. Since I tend to be long winded about coolant matters, I will just state that PG coolants are so close to EG in performance that you cannot tell the difference on your temperature gauge.

/ CJ-4 oil no-no by Kubota #19  
Match the oil to your available fuel....

LSD(500ppm)= CI4(getting hard to find, good luck)
ULSD(15ppm)= CJ4(currant API)

/ CJ-4 oil no-no by Kubota #20  
If you have a train you can get LSF other than that you get ULSF, and before you guys get all teary eyed over the loss of the sulphur, I work on engines and when the sulphur was 4,000PPM we got at least one engine a week with burnt valves, turbo's damaged from pieces coming out of the engine and damaging the turbine. No one ever talks about that part all they want to talk about is the 1/4 of 1% that had a seal leak. Sulphur is a rock, it use to coat everything in the cylinder, and it put in a lot more acids into the lube systems.:thumbsup: Reminiscing is great but not when the memories are tilted by a bunch of BS.