CK30 Purchase

/ CK30 Purchase #11  
Builder the machine looked fine at the dealers cause I did a walk around with the mechanic. In the Spring when I took off the snow blower and was hosing off the Winter grime with the hose (not a pressure washer) this is when I noticed the paint flaking off, falling on the floor then I looked up and the ledge just below the seat was bare metal and now this is rusting . I will wait and see what the dealer or rep has to say.

/ CK30 Purchase #12  
Engine29 if you read my post it says I paid cash for it no financing etc. Further more you are not the one that spent 28,000 on a tractor that is flaking paint so I think your comments are not appropriate. Once I get an answer from Kioti on this issue and if I cannot solve it with them then this is when a lawyer steps in until then I wait. As for throwing the towel too quickly is the only thing to do cause most big companies get away with screwing people so I act fast so they don't get a chance to screw me. I think you should think before you speak.

/ CK30 Purchase #13  
Sorry about your troubles with the paint. I don't think it's typical. Mine is 8 years hold and not flaking or rusting (not left out in the weather either). I will say that Kioti paint is thinner than JDs. My JDs have excellent, thick, hard paint - a marked difference.

While my Kioti isn't flaking, some spots have warn off (foot step). I know if it were mine, I'd be on Kioti too. But while waiting I wouldn't let it rust. I'd at least spray it with primer and some GM orange. They aren't going to change out the tractor. So, it's best to at least control it while waiting on corporate. Of course, take lots of photos first. You have 2 choices: sell it or keep it. If you keep it, may as well protect it.

/ CK30 Purchase #14  
Thanks gittyup for the encouraging words. I did spray some WD40 on it for now. The only quick fix is to replace the 2 panels that are under the seat of which the dealer has admitted to do when they saw the pics but without Kioti's ok they cannot do a thing. I am sure they will come good. I love this tractor it performs well on the tasks that I have used and will use it for. I want to get a cab for it in the fall. I will keep it and if I have to I will take the panels to a body shop and have them sandblasted and repainted. Still I will wait and see what Kioti says. thanks Gilles

/ CK30 Purchase #15  
Thanks gittyup for the encouraging words. I did spray some WD40 on it for now. The only quick fix is to replace the 2 panels that are under the seat of which the dealer has admitted to do when they saw the pics but without Kioti's ok they cannot do a thing. I am sure they will come good. I love this tractor it performs well on the tasks that I have used and will use it for. I want to get a cab for it in the fall. I will keep it and if I have to I will take the panels to a body shop and have them sandblasted and repainted. Still I will wait and see what Kioti says. thanks Gilles

Hope you get it resolved to your satisfaction. Glad you are pleased with the operation of the tractor. They are powerful, little work horses, for sure. Good luck

/ CK30 Purchase #16  

Don't bother with it if you're putting a cab on it in the fall, the cab kit has material that covers those panels.

Let's just say I have some experience dealing with Kioti corporate, it can take some time but they came through for me.

/ CK30 Purchase #17  
Thanks kiotiken that helps me keep my trust in Kioti. The cab will be after market and doubt it if it covers those panels. Still would like them replaced or redone in case they get covered and get worst for the future.

Gilles

/ CK30 Purchase #18  
Thanks kiotiken that helps me keep my trust in Kioti. The cab will be after market and doubt it if it covers those panels. Still would like them replaced or redone in case they get covered and get worst for the future.

Gilles

Unless you're going to make one yourself, aftermarket cabs don't make sense for a CK30. I got mine when Kioti put them on sale and it was less than any of the comparable aftermarket cabs and its made to fit perfectly. My first tractor had a JDP cab that was nice but very loud inside. My Kioti cab on my CK30 was much quieter, much nicer and fit perfectly. It's much closer to a factory cab for fit and finish and sound, although I still wouldn't bother with a radio since you'd have to turn it up till your ears bleed. It comes with sound deadening mats that cover most of the interior including those panels.

/ CK30 Purchase #19  
I have a update on my paint flaking issue. Got a call from the dealer this morning that the rep for kioti was in on Friday. They will pick up the tractor this week and take back to the shop. Once there they will take the flaking panels off and send them to the body shop to be repainted. This took awhile but they are finally doing something about it.

kiotiken do you mind telling me how much your cab cost? what make is it etc.

/ CK30 Purchase #20  
I have a update on my paint flaking issue. Got a call from the dealer this morning that the rep for kioti was in on Friday. They will pick up the tractor this week and take back to the shop. Once there they will take the flaking panels off and send them to the body shop to be repainted. This took awhile but they are finally doing something about it.

kiotiken do you mind telling me how much your cab cost? what make is it etc.

I'm in Canada so prices are a little different. The cab I had for my CK 30 was made by Kioti for the CK line. It was on sale, $1500 off from Kioti,and I believe I paid about $6800 including tax (%13 here) and install (about $1000).

That cab obviously fit perfectly since its made by the manufacturer for that specific tractor. It is a close 2nd to a factory cab and much better than the after market cab I had on my JD 955. A/C on non factory cabs is the only issue, they get very hot. At the same time, I'm sure mine will only work for a few years then need a $3000 repair!