CK30 Purchase

/ CK30 Purchase #31  
I have no experience with rear mounted snow blowers. I will tell you though many who have them wish they had front mounted snow blower and I can vouch for that. Rear mounted can be hard on the back of the neck from turning around after hours of blowing. If you can get a front mounted believe you will be happy with it cause I sure am. I have no problems what so ever with the hst pedal. My driveway is 1000 feet long and I use low range with the speed control on so there is no need to use the foot pedal. I paid 24,000 + hst for my2013 CK30 with FEL, Front mounted blower and rear blade. I just had a soft cab put on like pictured above still just under 30,000. You will also see in the second pic my front mount snow blower with quick attach of which is in two parts. Hope this helps.

/ CK30 Purchase #32  
All depends on cost and amount of plowing you need done. I have no cab, a rear mounted snow blower and it suits me fine. However, I am only blowing about three hundred feet of driveway and am retired, so I can do it when it is convenient. I wait for the wind to die down and the sun to come out. Put on the old snowmobile suit with goggles and have at it. I am only into the setup for about $1500. If I were to put on a cab and front blower, it might approach $10,000 or more.
I have brother in law in VT who has a loooong driveway up to his house. He plows with plow truck but not without problems of roll back from the sides of the road when snow banks gets too high. NOW he would benefit from a front mounted blower and a cab on his 70 hp Massey.

/ CK30 Purchase #33  
I have a Schulte 62" 3pt blower. I have no problem driving in reverse since most of my bush hogging is done in reverse to get under bushes and in tight spots. I went with the rear blower for cost , $1,000 used and I still have the use of the loader to move firewood and snow piles at the main road.

/ CK30 Purchase #34  
Thanks holeycow. Will look into it. Any suggestion to brand, size etc. Thanks Gilles

sorry Gilles, but no product specific suggestions.

example though; I was in a Polaris Ranger last winter and the fellow who owned it bought an in car heater for it (the one suggested by the dealer) and it was barely enough to keep it fog/ice free. He was going to get another one to help the first one out.

It should be mounted near the windshield, if possible. And up high would be better than down low because the warm air will cool and drop immediately (or at least until the whole cab is warmed up). I just had an idea...dangerous as that might be. Maybe you need a 110v one to preheat the cab and a 12v one to keep it warm while you are working.

Anyway, nice looking cab. Good luck with the whole set-up!

/ CK30 Purchase #35  
I have a ck35 HST along with a rear snowblower. It's not bad, you definitely get used to it. I think that your price is a bit steep. I bought the ck35 HST with kioti cab, rear wiper, cutting edge on bucket, radio, one rear remote, and 2 hooks welded on the bucket for 24,300 out the door including tax.

/ CK30 Purchase #36  
Funny you mention that holycow cause I was thinking the same lol. I have a small ceramic heater in the house that the wife used on the floor under her computer to keep her feet warm. I thought of hooking that up along with the block heater this way I can turn the breaker on 1 hour before I go out and see if that will defog the inside. I will put the heater on the seat no worry it does not get hot under it but will blow the warm air on the windshield I hope. Any way thanks for the info.
Gilles