CK35 Burned Out It's Clutch AGAIN?!

/ CK35 Burned Out It's Clutch AGAIN?! #51  
I have broken many small and large tractors apart for clutch replacements. The Kioti and Belarus usually don't wear out the clutch but sheer all the rivets that hold the center section to the clutch itself. They don't like sudden impacts and will snap easily with a clutch dump or implement hitting something and suddenly stopping the tractor. It's a poor design and weak

/ CK35 Burned Out It's Clutch AGAIN?! #53  
I have a 2014 tier3 CK35 400+ hours on it and haven't need to adjust the clutch yet. Yes it does have a hook that will allow you to disengage the clutch for long term storage. The biggest issue is if your in a humid environment the flywheel will rust and can build up large rust areas in the slots between the clutch disc pads. Then when you use the tractor these act like a cheese grater for your clutch discs. Where if the clutch is left disengaged the flywheel will rust lightly all over and less chance of having a severe area of rust. Is the tractor stored outside?

/ CK35 Burned Out It's Clutch AGAIN?! #54  
Bottom line: What in the Sam Hill cause this clutch to fail.. twice?
Exactly....... Why did it fail?...... I had a co-worker that had a brand new Ford Taurus SHO and Ford replaced the clutch 6 times under warranty ......everybody on the planet accused him of abusing clutch! Dont know how to shift! ....finally Ford warranty people sent Ford engineering to look at car while it was getting clutch #6 and they discovered that when engine was machined that the surface for bell housing was not at right angle to crankshaft so the whole thing was tipped just enough to eat clutch! Ford replaced engine and transmission under warranty. Had nothing to do with how it was being operated! It wasn't machined correctly! Find root cause of problem!

Last edited:
   / CK35 Burned Out It's Clutch AGAIN?! #55  
Just put a new clutch in it. See if there’s a heavy duty one available. Then you will be good for another 10 years, at the rate your currently using it... Dutchy
If you're going to repair take the old clutch to a repair shop that rebuilds clutches for race cars have them analyze it and rebuild it. Could be weak springs, poor or soft facings. The other thing is why didn't you adjust it , 15 minute job in your yard, sounds like you have knowledge to do that.
Next and don't take offense but it really sounds to me like operator abuse too. I know you've gotten 25yrs on your truck, but driving a truck and doing loader and and other work with a tractor are completely different animals of clutch use. Tractor work just naturally requires some slipping the clutch. Now just to clarify my experience I started driving tractors at 8yrs old on the farm did ever farm job you can think of including much loader work with hand clutches and foot clutches. We never had to replace a clutch. We didn't have any tractors with torque converters or hydro's( weren't invented yet, IH was just starting to experiment with hydro).
To finish Don't blame the Kioti ( I have 2 and would buy another one if in market) just trade for a hydro model. You'll be able to get the best tradein with a Kioti dealer than you will any other make.
Good luck.

/ CK35 Burned Out It's Clutch AGAIN?! #56  
26 years of dealership work here. It's not a matter of what the OP does WITH his tractor. It's all about what he does TO his tractor.
It’s hard to say what is going on here without actually watching how it’s used.
I had a new 4 wheel drive Toyota truck that start grinding gears at 30,000 miles. The dealer said is was due to how I drove it. I never went 4 wheeling and always drove it gently.
I did the repair myself.
Then at 60,000 it happened again.
I did the repair again.
I sold it before it hit 90,000.

My point is it may be you or it could be something else is going on.
The question would seem to be what is more meaningful, the money to fix it again... being less than a new tractor or the satisfaction of getting something different that may be both more suitable and reliable.

/ CK35 Burned Out It's Clutch AGAIN?! #57  
If Kioti, (and Bobcat ) tractors had bad clutches, you would be reading these stories daily....

How often have you heard such stories above and beyond Kioti and Bobcat?

I am quite sure there is something about this particular instance causing the issue

/ CK35 Burned Out It's Clutch AGAIN?! #58  
I have a 2014 tier3 CK35 400+ hours on it and haven't need to adjust the clutch yet. Yes it does have a hook that will allow you to disengage the clutch for long term storage. The biggest issue is if your in a humid environment the flywheel will rust and can build up large rust areas in the slots between the clutch disc pads. Then when you use the tractor these act like a cheese grater for your clutch discs. Where if the clutch is left disengaged the flywheel will rust lightly all over and less chance of having a severe area of rust. Is the tractor stored outside?

That's what I was going to say. I have seen that clutch disengagement hook on all our compact tractors (4 of them now over the last 40 years). I've never used and never had a problem. But our climate is dry desert.

There has to be a reason why all the manufacturers put that hook there to disengage the clutch when parked. If you don't use it, the clutch stays engaged when not being run and maybe that leads to rust.

rScotty

/ CK35 Burned Out It's Clutch AGAIN?! #59  
I last posted in 2012 about this same issue so I just wanted to post again to warn future buyers of small Kioti tractors that my model stinks. Here's a synopsis: in 2012, my 2009 CK35 had 122 hours on it when it suddenly stopped moving. Turned out the clutch shredded itself but it was under warranty so it was a free repair job. Fast forward 8+ years later and my tractor now has a whopping 235 hours on it. But sadly, the clutch burned up in it today, AGAIN! And no, I do not ride the clutch. I've had stick shifts for 46 years and my 25 year old truck still has its original clutch! Anyway, unfortunately, this time I have to pay the repair bill. So, I am just going to bite the bullet and trade it in on a John Deere or Kubota, which is what I should have bought to begin with! So any thoughts from anyone on which tractor is decidedly better or is it pretty much just a toss up? Thanks for any input.
That can be expensive repair, I have been in the construction and woodland farming for over 50 years, and I have never had a clutch problem, I found with the forward/reverse levers, I did not have to use the clutch very often, The tractor I have now, a Yanmar 359, has a clutch, but after putting 200 hours on it, I have never used the clutch, so if and when your next tractor comes along, make sure you have a forward/reverse lever to use.

/ CK35 Burned Out It's Clutch AGAIN?! #60  
Sounds like a bad pressure plate?