CK3520

/ CK3520 #1  

Binford

Tractor
tractorless
Will be signing papers on a CK3520se mid month, and I asked the dealer about the warranty. He said that I would be required to use Kioti fluids and filters for the 50 hour interval service. Have you all heard the same regarding?

/ CK3520 #2  
He's blowing smoke, the trouble is going to be having to fight with him for any and all issues if you use other fluids.

/ CK3520 #3  
Will be signing papers on a CK3520se mid month, and I asked the dealer about the warranty. He said that I would be required to use Kioti fluids and filters for the 50 hour interval service. Have you all heard the same regarding?
Yep, I have heard of this and there used to be, may still be, a die in the fluids so that they can tell if it was their fluids. Stihl does the same thing. I had the dealer do my first couple of 50 hour interval services, just for the records.

/ CK3520 #4  
Don't know about the fluids, but my dealer sells the filters cheaper than I can find them anywhere else (online, other dealers, etc) so buying them from him is no problem.

/ CK3520 #5  
Yep, I have heard of this and there used to be, may still be, a die in the fluids so that they can tell if it was their fluids. Stihl does the same thing. I had the dealer do my first couple of 50 hour interval services, just for the records.
It is illegal to require dealer/manufacture supplied fluids and filters for warranty coverage unless the materials are provided free. The product used has to meet or exceed their specified parameters.

Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act​

Is what protects consumers from such practices, however it would be a long uphill fight if a dealer voids warranty for not using their brand of product as you would have to prove that what you used was comparable and met or exceeded all their specifications.

/ CK3520
What I thought. I don’t have a problem to jump through the hoops and buy the necessary items for that 50 hour service. I live 2 hours from the nearest Kioti dealer so I will be doing the service. Been doing work on my equipment most of my life so all good. Want to switch to Amsoil after

/ CK3520 #7  
What I thought. I don’t have a problem to jump through the hoops and buy the necessary items for that 50 hour service. I live 2 hours from the nearest Kioti dealer so I will be doing the service. Been doing work on my equipment most of my life so all good. Want to switch to Amsoil after
Stroke the deal so they include filters and fluids for the 50 hour when you pick it up.

/ CK3520 #8  
On my recent tractor purchase my contract stated I must maintain insurance on the tractor or else the dealer labor warranty would not be honored.

/ CK3520 #9  
Stroke the deal so they include filters and fluids for the 50 hour when you pick it up.

This is good advice and insurance. If you never have a major issue that requires future warranty work, you could use any filters/fluids you would like.........but if you have the misfortune of buying a machine that has a manufacture flaw, you will be at the mercy of the dealer for warranty servicing.

Till you get past the warranty period and you are certain the machine has no inherent defects it is best to keep on very good terms with the dealer.

In a warranty claim situation the dealer has the complete advantage. Best to negotiate the first couple of filters/fluids changes into he purchase and keep photo records of when and hour meter when you did them.

The last thing you need with a new tractor is that bad feeling you get when you have to have warranty work done and you have no documentation of servicing.

Also, if you do have the misfortune of having to send it back for warranty work make sure to take and document a diesel fuel sample before they pick it up or you drop it off. If they see you taking the fuel sample even better, then you will be less likely to be accused of "bad fuel use" (ie, gasoline in the sample or some fuel additive which can be used to deny warranty services).

Dealers know the warranty business far better than you, so it is always good insurance to "follow the dealer book" till you know for certain you have a tractor that has no expensive defects.

/ CK3520 #10  
On my recent tractor purchase my contract stated I must maintain insurance on the tractor or else the dealer labor warranty would not be honored.
That is another strange contract with another unheard of provision.