CK3520

/ CK3520 #21  
Just noticed today that my CK2620 has a leaking steering rack - after two weeks and 1.4 hours.

This could get interesting, especially with the dealer being some 400 miles away.

/ CK3520 #22  
Not good, but get underneath and verify where the oil leak is and see if there’s simply a loose fitting….
Surely there’s a closer dealer?

/ CK3520 #23  
It's leaking at the gland nut, where the rod and cylinder "meet", unfortunately. And there are no nicks or damage to the rod.

Not sure where the closest dealer is, but with any luck I can get a new assembly sent to me.

/ CK3520 #24  
It's leaking at the gland nut, where the rod and cylinder "meet", unfortunately. And there are no nicks or damage to the rod.

Not sure where the closest dealer is, but with any luck I can get a new assembly sent to me.

Yes, this will be 'interesting'. Keep us updated as I have yet to see or hear of warranty work being covered.........by mailing new parts to the owner.

Hopefully you have a trailer as a backup plan.

/ CK3520 #25  
Oh, I do have trailers. That's how I got it home in the first place.

With some luck the gland nut isn't tight, but I suspect that excess paint at the end of the rod took the seal out.

Next time it's started up I'll check if full steering makes it move that far, and if everything is tight. Either way, on Monday I'll email the dealer a photo of the leak and small puddle underneath and see what their response is.

What I'm not doing is taking another 800-mile trip just to have them fix it. Especially since it would most likely be two trips.

The only reason I'd make that trip again would be to take the tractor and backhoe (which is still in its crate) back, and get my money back.

/ CK3520 #26  
I hear you.

Dealer prep should have noticed something like that, but it is hard to get good help these days......maybe the phone app for dealer prep did not include checking for cylinder leaks??? ....or dealer prep is saved for when a warranty issue is identified???

I notice dealer prep, if it was done, delivered a tractor with front tire pressure of 1/2 recommended on one side. After some hours of use I also noticed not all body frame and axle bolts had been torqued to spec. Left hand/right hand and back/front locations. Quite and odd pattern of loose body bolts......but this was like at manufacture. Doubt dealers ever check body bolt torques.

I guess we just need to get used to checking ourselves. I have heard comments from other that this is not restricted to Kioti.........devil you know VS......a new one.

Hope you can make it work to your satisfaction.

/ CK3520 #27  
That leak wasn't there when I picked it up with 0.4 hrs on it, or I would've noticed the fluid on the trailer deck.

When I get to installing the remotes and backhoe it'll get a complete checkup of everything. Somewhat like what I do when getting a new (or new to me) vehicle.

They go directly from the trailer to the lift, and it's unusual that at least a few fluid levels aren't low. Especially the diffs on FCA/Stellantis vehicles.

Also, I'm one of those that even if the dealer was only 10 miles away, I would do my very best not to subject anything of mine to dealer work. For example, I don't know how many "free" oil changes I haven't used, but it's quite a few.

/ CK3520 #28  
Yes, this will be 'interesting'. Keep us updated as I have yet to see or hear of warranty work being covered.........by mailing new parts to the owner.

Hopefully you have a trailer as a backup plan.
I can attest that two different dealers have sent me parts for warranty, and one actually sent me a check for 'labor' doing the repair.
The first LS dealer was in Colorado, 500 miles away from me.
The second LS dealer was in south Texas, 550 miles away .....

Granted, nothing major, but they both stood behind their tractors. Due to their actions, they won more business (selling 2 more tractors) when I referred customers to them.

Not every dealer will 'go the extra' unfortunately.

/ CK3520 #29  
I've had two dealers send me parts, one GM and one Ram.

For tractors, the Kubota dealer is close (150 miles), so when the remotes on the L3800 didn't work right, I took it there.

Of course, they still didn't work right since those have really crappy valves. And stacking four restrictors on the lift link cylinder didn't do much good.