CK3520

/ CK3520 #11  
That is another strange contract with another unheard of provision.

....ya we seem to be living in a time were "rules" can be added, amended, invented, deleted as required.

All part of the "rules based order" when you think you have absolute control.:rolleyes:

/ CK3520 #12  
My CK2610, they were pretty open about, "we sell whole 50 hr service kits, but you can run any of the book fluids if you prefer". I can see an argument if you swap filters, as the owners manual doesn't specifically list any other than the Daedong ones, but fluids... the manual lists many approved fluids.

/ CK3520 #13  
....ya we seem to be living in a time were "rules" can be added, amended, invented, deleted as required.

All part of the "rules based order" when you think you have absolute control.:rolleyes:
Any contract is really just an agreement between two parties. No one is ”making you” sign anything. You have the option to walk away.

/ CK3520 #14  
On my recent tractor purchase my contract stated I must maintain insurance on the tractor or else the dealer labor warranty would not be honored.
Haven't heard of that before, but your Homeowner's should be enough to cover that provision.

/ CK3520 #15  
Will be signing papers on a CK3520se mid month, and I asked the dealer about the warranty. He said that I would be required to use Kioti fluids and filters for the 50 hour interval service. Have you all heard the same regarding?

Your dealer is full of it; now I would use the Kioti filters, but even my dealer suggested I go with Shell over Kioti fluids to save a few bucks. So long as it matches the listed specifications, you're good to go.

You can read the warranty right here. It's a PDF file from their website.

/ CK3520 #16  
As far as homeowners insurance, that is not always the case. Your homeowners may NOT cover it. It could be different in your state, but some homeowner's policies do not cover equipment worth more than $5k in certain scenarios.

Ex. Using the tractor while not on your property, not covered. Tractor stored outside and a tree falls on it, might not be covered in full. Tractor stored outside and someone steals it, might not be covered. Also, if you were to have a catastrophic event; your personal property limits might not be enough to cover everything in your house, shop, lawn equipment, etc, and your tractor.

Most homeowners policies are for 'regular' people. The kind of people that don't have a personal shop, commercial lawn mowers, equipment, ATV's, or large collections of things.

-Sal

/ CK3520 #17  
As far as homeowners insurance, that is not always the case. Your homeowners may NOT cover it. It could be different in your state, but some homeowner's policies do not cover equipment worth more than $5k in certain scenarios.

Ex. Using the tractor while not on your property, not covered. Tractor stored outside and a tree falls on it, might not be covered in full. Tractor stored outside and someone steals it, might not be covered. Also, if you were to have a catastrophic event; your personal property limits might not be enough to cover everything in your house, shop, lawn equipment, etc, and your tractor.

Most homeowners policies are for 'regular' people. The kind of people that don't have a personal shop, commercial lawn mowers, equipment, ATV's, or large collections of things.

-Sal

Insurance.....ah yes!

My life-long learning curve:
1) Agents will attempt to sell you the most 'protection', but when there is an actual claim the sales side is distinctly separated from the claims side.
2) On the selling side, agents know that the 'feeling or perception' of insured safety is different from actual safety.
3) When there is a claim the 'actual insurer' hires a lawyer to work with the adjuster to see if or what 'they are legally required to pay, minimally'.
4) You never really know what 'coverage' you have until you actually have to file a claim.
5) You never really know how 'good/fair' your insurer is until you have to file a claim.
6) Lawyers always make the most money when there differences in wording interpretations or questions on coverage.

/ CK3520 #18  
I am very fortunate that my Home n Farm owners policy is handled by a small local Co-Op there coverage is well explained and well handled when needed. Anyone that is in the area of New York that I am in I would recommend them.

/ CK3520 #19  
Our homeowners will only cover a lawn mower or tractor up to $5000.
I have the tractor, attachments and zero turn mowers under an Inland marine policy.

/ CK3520
Well, I appreciate all of the comments and input. I am a Catastrophe property adjuster for a major carrier, so I am familiar with the claims side of the business. Our view, or at least mine, is to find anything that I can afford coverage for as per the policy for the insured. I take no pleasure in having to deny a claim.

for my tractor purchase, the dealer offered $1700 for insurance that satisfies the lender, for the life of the loan(6 years). That is fa better than the $850/yr Farmers quoted me. Going with my dealers offer