CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT TO BENEFIT BX OWNERS!

/ CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT TO BENEFIT BX OWNERS! #1  

Junkman

Tractor
2003 Kubota BX-22
OK.... now that I have your attention..... what are we going to do about the sticking hydro pedals? I know that mine still sticks and doesn't work smoothly, and I know that there are a lot of others out there that also have been having this problem. I also know that the dealers are slow to admit that it is a problem, and that Kubota hasn't addressed the problem on a recall basis. If you scream loud enough, often enough, then you might get their attention long enough to get the problem resolved with just your tractor. Kubota knows what the problem is, but has yet to do a recall for this safety defect.
Then there is the matter of the air cleaner brackets breaking on a regular basis. I am on my 3rd bracket so far. How many of the other BX owners have had the same experience? Possibly we can add this to the list of defects.
I feel that it is now that we should strike Kubota, just like the Kioti owners are going after the manufacturer's distributor.. Daedong USA, Inc. Link..
How many of you are going to follow me into battle on this matter??????

/ CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT TO BENEFIT BX OWNERS! #2  
I'm not going to follow you JUNK. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif
I do not have a BX. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT TO BENEFIT BX OWNERS! #3  
Junk, contrary to my friend Ron, I will follow you. Can I call you Moses from now on? By the way, I don't have a BX, but if I can hitch up to your drawbar I'll be happy to have my little red wagon in your parade.

/ CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT TO BENEFIT BX OWNERS! #4  
I'm in. Just let me know what I have to do.
That was the first thing I had the machine in to the dealer for. His fix (lubing the linkage back at the transmission) worked for awhile. Now I've just gotten used to working the pedal both ways to come to a stop. Not the safest way to work to be sure, but so far no problems. Re-lubing that location is on my list of things to do to my BX before winter.
David

/ CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT TO BENEFIT BX OWNERS! #5  
Now I know your a rookie here on this forum but there is a zerk on the pedal which requires grease in it?

Which leads me to another question. Where is all my grease going? /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

I'm going to have LBrown59 send you a PM on what to do. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT TO BENEFIT BX OWNERS! #6  
I am all for it, tired of adjusting and readjusting.

I grease the pedal and linkage and still have to readjust!!!!!!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

/ CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT TO BENEFIT BX OWNERS! #7  
Junk,

Maybe if you write a song and get it on the radio they will pay attention. Sorry buddy I couldn't help it. LOL /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

On a serious note: Is the hydro pedal on all BX's or just older ones? I have used mine pretty hard and haven't experienced the issue?

/ CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT TO BENEFIT BX OWNERS! #8  
From what I have seen and heard the hydro pedal problem appears to affect pretty all BX's and the air filter bracket does too. I know my BX23 (bought in July 2004) has both problems. I have over 300 hours on the tractor and have had a broken air cleaner bracket for at least 150 of those hours. My hydro pedal sticks often - especially when I have just pulled the tractor out from sitting a few days - but - I rarely if ever manage to get any grease into the Zerk on the pedal pivot point either.
Frankly my person opinion is that two relatively trivial things like this don't warrant a lawsuit and there is no way I would join in on one if it did exist. If my tractor started up by itself and ran me over that might be lawsuit material but not these two things.

/ CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT TO BENEFIT BX OWNERS! #9  
Junk,

You should enlist Neil Messick. Instead of Neil 'stirring the pot' on that Kioti thread perhaps he can be more productive here......to help you with your Kubota issues. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Don

/ CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT TO BENEFIT BX OWNERS! #10  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Junk,

You should enlist Neil Messick. Instead of Neil 'stirring the pot' on that Kioti thread perhaps he can be more productive here......to help you with your Kubota issues. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Don )</font>

I don't think Neil stirred up the pot at all, all he did was make a valid observation. What amazes me is that when someone points out something legitimate that people then criticize the people who simply speak. Heck, look at the thread that HIGHBEAM started about his new CK30, he details about a half dozen problems with his tractor. None of the problems are mechanically threatening, however each is a problem. Yet if someone who didn't own a Kioti pointed out that the "fit & finish" of the Kioti was clearly inferior he would be shouted down. Yet, his thread clearly shows that the ergonomics of the CK30 and the quality of the fit/finish are certainly worth questioning. And none of that is to say that the CK30 is not a good tractor, but it certianly points out that there are differences between brands. And if his thread is not enough, there are other threads that have also been started about people bending keys. Or modifying radiator pre screens. Or the fact that the oil filter is hanging down unprotected. But heaven forbid a Kubota dealer or owner ever suggest that a Kioti is not as well designed or built as a major brand. Lets be real honest here, Kioti has something like a 1% market share in the real world but here on TBN you'd almost believe that it was the dominant brand in the world. I'm not taking anything away from their tractors, I have recommended several models, but there is certianly a lot of room to improve that brand. And it is also valid to make comments about it.