Clean light bar on ROPS?

/ Clean light bar on ROPS? #41  
Just finished my light install. I went overboard, but it was fun.
-Rear light bar with 4 pod lights to shine on 3pt linkages to make hookup easier.
-4 pod leds that I call my courtesy lighting that shines on the seats and controls
-2 small light bars mounted on loader arms with magnets so they can be removed or adjusted as necessary
-2 leds mounted on the left and right side of the canopy. These can be swiveled and angled to shine to the front, sides, or back.
-1 large curved light bar facing the front
- 6 led rocker switches all on relays and separate fuse panel with voltage display and usb accessory ports
I added an extra switch for a power port on the rear to use for a sprayer pump or whatever else.
I'm pleased overall, but I plan on adding a few more in areas and I'll change the angles on the rear pod hookup lights so that they cannot be seen from drivers seat. I really do not like glare from leds and I want no light to shine on the operator.
All connections were soldered and heat shrinked and sae 12v quick connects connect the lights in the back to the canopy in case it needs to come off one day. Still at 14.2 volts with all lights on, so plenty of amps left to add more lights! I look forward to getting some nighttime chores done once it warms up. 20180101_182412.jpg20180101_182244.jpg20171230_183923.jpg20171230_183906.jpg20171230_183849.jpg20180101_182059.jpg20180101_182200.jpg20180101_181932.jpg20180101_182105.jpg

/ Clean light bar on ROPS? #42  
I don't see where any one has used the super magnets to mount light to the ROPS. Seems like it would be another solution.
Also, I've never seen a picture of a failed ROPS. Doesn't mean it hasn't happened, just saying that I have not seen a picture.

/ Clean light bar on ROPS? #43  
A mfg can't automatically be exonerated from a failed ROPS accident if a hole is drilled in them. An engineer would still have to prove that the hole compromised the structure and caused it to fail, which should be easy to tell. Welding on rops would be a "no no" due to the affect that excessive heating could alter the metal integrity. If ROPS fail due to poor mfg, then that's pretty cut and dry. If a 1" hole is drilled in the rops and the metal were to buckle there, then that's pretty obvious why the failure occurred.

/ Clean light bar on ROPS? #44  
I'm looking for some decent gauge coiled wire like phone chargers use to mount my magnetic leds. Anybody ever seen wire like this for sale?

/ Clean light bar on ROPS? #45  
   / Clean light bar on ROPS? #46  
   / Clean light bar on ROPS? #48  
I'm looking for some decent gauge coiled wire like phone chargers use to mount my magnetic leds. Anybody ever seen wire like this for sale?

Not sure why you want “coiled” wire? First off, your wire ends up being way longer than it needs to be so, more voltage drop. Shaver cords and charger cables will be very small gauge wire.

Why not use properly sized wire, for your load and decent protection of the wires?

A couple of ideas.

Kable Kontrol PET Expandable Sleeving

Black Split Polyethylene Wire Loom Tubing

Many good ways to protect wire. Just google “electric wire protection”.

/ Clean light bar on ROPS? #49  
Not sure why you want “coiled” wire? First off, your wire ends up being way longer than it needs to be so, more voltage drop. Shaver cords and charger cables will be very small gauge wire.

Why not use properly sized wire, for your load and decent protection of the wires?

A couple of ideas.

Kable Kontrol PET Expandable Sleeving

Black Split Polyethylene Wire Loom Tubing

Many good ways to protect wire. Just google “electric wire protection”.
I don't care about protection. I want the flexibility of a coiled wire that can stretch from 2' to xx', same reason the mounts are magnetic. I wouldn't use a 30 gauge wire, which is why I was looking for something heavier than typical cell phone charging cables. Voltage drop isnt even relevant unless you know wire size, load, and length, which has not even been mentioned.

/ Clean light bar on ROPS? #50  
I don't care about protection. I want the flexibility of a coiled wire that can stretch from 2' to xx', same reason the mounts are magnetic. I wouldn't use a 30 gauge wire, which is why I was looking for something heavier than typical cell phone charging cables. Voltage drop isnt even relevant unless you know wire size, load, and length, which has not even been mentioned.

Okay then.