Clean light bar on ROPS?

/ Clean light bar on ROPS? #1  

cold1313

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota M4D-071 Kubota F3990
I was wondering how you all have made a bar to attach to the ROPS, to mount your lights on? I need something that will tuck in the ROPS so that when I brush against a tree limb, the limb goes against the ROPs and doesn't hit the lights.

Curious to see what people made and how their attaching to the ROPS. My current is just some angle iron, nothing fancy. Looking for a cleaner setup.

/ Clean light bar on ROPS? #2  
i used an idea from another member. I bought a couple of 75 or 95 lb magnets from HD and attached the light bar to them and placed under the top of the rops. holds on tight.

/ Clean light bar on ROPS?
Thats a slick idea!

/ Clean light bar on ROPS? #4  
Yeah, it is. I saw it when I was reading about LEDs on this site. Another member did this and i tried it. IT works great. It really has to be hit with some force to get it to come off or even move. the magnet has to sit flat on the roll bar and it holds on real tight. LEDs compared to factory lights is like night and day. IMG_0902.JPGIMG_0901.JPG one pic is factory lights only. other is 120W led light bar spot/flood combo.

I just remembered there are some branches that would push in between the ROPS bars and would probably knock that off. I was going to take some angle iron or square stock and make almost a brush guard for it also.

the metal is free...just looking for ideas on how to hold onto the ROPS

/ Clean light bar on ROPS? #9  
I drilled and tapped mine into the rops just using sheet metal screws. Nice and easy but a good idea to dab a little paint after drilling just to cover the bare metal.

/ Clean light bar on ROPS? #10  
I mounted my lights to a random chunk of square tubing. I then used some U bolts to strap that square stock to the ROPS. Made some hockey puck spacers out of PVC pipe to give clearance between the bottom of the brackets & the ROPS.

Got things mounted without modifying the ROPS.

20160910_192309.jpg