Cleaning the fence row is fun now

/ Cleaning the fence row is fun now
Grill guard side view

Attachments

• 5-137189-GrillGuardsideview.JPG
    5-137189-GrillGuardsideview.JPG
    68.5 KB · Views: 771
   / Cleaning the fence row is fun now #52  
Neal, THANKS for the great photos. Now I've got to get off my duff and get started on one for my tractor.

TBone

/ Cleaning the fence row is fun now #53  
I thought that I would bring this post back to life again as it was an inspiration to me... I built one of these handy gizmos over Christmas vacation and finally got to put it to work today. Unlike Neal's, I opted to go a little lighter on the steel. Specifically, I used 3/8" plate in place of the 1/2" and opted for 3/16" tube in lieu of the 1/4" I just did not see my Case D40 pushing the boundaries of 3/8" and in my use today, I put it through its paces and the lighter steel performed just fine with no displacement. It works GREAAT! I was pulling out Honey Locust up to about 7" this afternoon. Although these larger ones were to big to be gripped by the teeth, I was able to get underneath them and pop them out with some work. I was delighted at how well it worked for me despite the fact that we are in a horrible drought situation and the hard clay here in texas is rock hard. When and if we ever get some rain, I think that the the performance will only improve. I also found that this little attachment really does a great job as a rake to bust up the ground and level--meaning that I will likely use it for other tasks besides popping trees. I plan on incorporating a removable bale spear to this attachment to increase the utility of it.

Thanks for sharing the concept Neal. I will get some pics to upload tomorrow that show my adaptation to my quick attach on my Case loader. I will have my acreage cleared in no time with this thing.

/ Cleaning the fence row is fun now #54  
Guidster, still waiting to see those pics!
I can always use another picture of one of these pullers because one day, I'm going to get around to making one for myself. Right. I keep telling myself that, over and over and over...
John

/ Cleaning the fence row is fun now #55  
Neal, Get any rain yet? Finally, I got 2" at my place. .4 inches in the six months before that.

I have a question. Did you use a plasma cutter to cut your steel? I saw one work for the first time the other day and was impressed. Nice clean cuts. I don't know if I want to spend the money on one though. Their dang proud of them. Thanks.

/ Cleaning the fence row is fun now
Hi Mark,

Yes, we finally go some rain and the burn ban was lifted, at least for a little while.

No I do not have a plasma cutter. Wish I did. While wishing, might as well wish for a computer controlled one.

We did it with the regular old torch. If I remember correctly, I did lay it out so each cut made two pieces. I think I had some 10 or 12" wide metal. We cut it to length so when the teeth were cut, it made 2 sections at a time.