Cleaning woodstove glass

/ Cleaning woodstove glass #11  
Too late... glass cleaner for years...

/ Cleaning woodstove glass #12  
ultrarunner has it!

I've been cleaning stove glass for over 40 years now.

A razor scrape followed up with generic glass cleaner on cold glass works a treat.

Nothing special.

I clean only when company is expected. Other wise, cold weather and a hot burn takes care of it.

/ Cleaning woodstove glass #13  
Wait for glass to cool, then use white vinegar on a paper towel.

/ Cleaning woodstove glass #14  
Windex and green scotch Brite pad followed by paper towel works great.

/ Cleaning woodstove glass #15  
Looks like it's been about 15 years and 10 days ago that we bought our wood burning stove. We were told to clean the glass by wetting a paper towel or piece of newspaper and dipping it in the ashes. Then wipe down the inside of the glass. It makes a gray paste. Doesn't take hardly any scrubbing at all. Then use a clean paper towel, dip it in water to wipe the paste off.

Works great. Simple and fast. No chemicals.

Here it is 6 years ago after 9 years of service. No scratches, nicks, etc... Looks the same today.

/ Cleaning woodstove glass
I am a member of the razor blade club. Usually flakes right off. This stuff wouldn't budge, dunno why. We burn normally dry fir and some cherry.

/ Cleaning woodstove glass #17  
I am a member of the razor blade club. Usually flakes right off. This stuff wouldn't budge, dunno why. We burn normally dry fir and some cherry.
You deserve some Speedy White cleaner. It is so easy, even my wife will use it without asking....she thinks it's fun.

/ Cleaning woodstove glass #20  
I've had both wood stove and pellet stove with glass in the doors. Both would soot up quite quickly. I simply gave up trying to keep the glass clean. Saved much time and energy. Clean glass in the stove door - no impact on the efficiency of the stove.