Color Question

/ Color Question #1  

cmyoung2

Gold Member
Tractor
BCS 850, Kubota BX2230 w/FEL, mid mount mower, 41" tiller Kubota L3600 w/4-1FEL, Farmi winch
Is there a readily available paint, preferably spray can, that will come close to matching the green of the Everlast Welders? Looking to paint a welding cart.
Also, why is the on/off switch on welders on the back of the machine, and how much trouble would be to change them to the front?

/ Color Question #3  
The power switches on my inverter machines are ALL on the back. . I hate it. I know there's a valid manufacturing reason but can't remember why for the life of me.

Maybe yomax4 will enlighten us.

/ Color Question #4  
Im pretty sure that in europe the power switch is only allowed to be a certain distance from the plug. To make the cord as long as possible, the manufacturers put the switch on the back. If the same model welder you have is being sold in Europe, it will either have a short cord or the switch on the back. Luckily my old ESAB Migmaster 250 has it on the front. Hope that helps
Ps: I would paint the cart black (or some other colour) because if it’s not the exact same green You’ll probably notice immediately.

/ Color Question #5  
Oops I lied.

I DO have Miller inverters that utilize front mounted power switches. (XMT, Maxtron and 350P)

Last edited:
   / Color Question #7  
Im
Ps: I would paint the cart black (or some other colour) because if it’s not the exact same green You’ll probably notice immediately.

This is good advice, IMO.

/ Color Question #8  
Two or three feet less wire per machine, times thousands of machines equals a lot less wire used when they are looking at the spread sheet. Cheaper is cheaper.

/ Color Question #9  
Take it to an auto body shop, they'll paint it for you and it will match perfectly. Some of them will sell you paint.

/ Color Question #10  
Put a switch on the front of your cart. Then use that to control the welder.

We have an automotive paint store in town. I believe they could match most anything, but I have never tried.