Combating Spam

/ Combating Spam #51  
I do have a problem with someone calling me buddy.
Some things bother me but not that, as Torvy said tho:

"Hey, buddy, how you doin' " is different than "listen here, buddy."
it's all in the tone, least IMHO. I've also had friends call me the lowest of the low and I take no offense as I know there's no insult intended, if a stranger had said the same things to me it's be a different matter. I have a very close friend I'm forever calling a$$sehole and I know he takes no offense at it, main reason being is that he's torturing me at the time.
Saying that, I'd respect a persons wishes, if I had called you 'Buddy' and I noticed it bothered you either by your actions or you actually asked me not to do it I would definitely stop.......Mike

/ Combating Spam #52  
Some of the sneakier spam posts occur in current and resurrected threads or by a "New Member" claiming to have a 100+hp tractor on 1 acre of land.
<snip>
What's wrong with that ?? :)
When I bought my 50HP tractor it was used exclusively on my 1/2 acre lot for about a year IIRC.
Until I moved it to Mississippi where it lives on 75 acres.

/ Combating Spam #54  
I have no problem with being called "Mate" as I know that's how you guys talk down under but I do have a problem with someone calling me buddy. It is condescending and disrespectful and I have been known to correct people out in the real world that have played their hand with me like that.
You got that right Boss.

🤣

I had some TV salesman that kept calling me Boss as he talked to me. I finally told him I wasn't his boss and to please stop calling me that. :rolleyes:

/ Combating Spam #55  
Just ONE report is necessary!
Couple years ago, one of the mods explained multiple reports required multiple deletions. That makes more work for the mods.
Ahh, a point on that. Now, if someone reports a post, it starts a report in the mod area. If another person reports the same post, it adds it to the end of the report. If we push the SPAM button on the spam post, and confirm, it's all handled in one fell swoop. The spam post is dealt with and the report is marked as resolved, and it's all cleaned up and tidy. Pretty nice how it works now.

(y)

/ Combating Spam #56  
You should make a game out of it, 1 point for being the first to "Report" a spam thread; Minus 2 points if you are the 2nd to report it (and so on!)

/ Combating Spam #57  
Ahh, a point on that. Now, if someone reports a post, it starts a report in the mod area. If another person reports the same post, it adds it to the end of the report. If we push the SPAM button on the spam post, and confirm, it's all handled in one fell swoop. The spam post is dealt with and the report is marked as resolved, and it's all cleaned up and tidy. Pretty nice how it works now.

(y)
Thanks, Boss!!!
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D