Coming soon list

/ Coming soon list #241  
Here's a request: when I click "Mark forums read" at the top, it challenges me with a "are you sure?" confirmation dialog, so then a second click is required.

I don't think that is necessary. We didn't have it on the old site. Normally when you click that you know what you're doing. Even if it's clicked by accident it's not a fatal issue. No need for a confirmation dialog in my opinion.

Oh, I really like the 2nd option, "are you sure?"

There are countless times I've bumped a click on that and go DARN.

/ Coming soon list #242  
Good to see you're keeping an eye on this thread, Muhammad.

Just curious if restoring the old emojis is still on the todo list. Seems like I "reach" for one or two during every visit...

Thanks for all you do.

Oh, and I'm done with the "edits".

/ Coming soon list #243  
Since a lot of members have the same question I'll update this post with the items that are planned or added.

-----------------------------------------------

Will add more to this list and you can make requests in reply to this thread.
Not a request, just a suggestion, lock the "Photo Posting How To" thread from 2007 in Forums-Community Forums-Photos and start one for the new version.

Last edited:
   / Coming soon list #244  
it's not like you have a limit on how many images you can have on here, so what would be the benefit of removing old images (unless they are misleading or factually incorrect)?

Aaron Z
I remove the few photos that I consider unnecessary and that had very few views following some initial interest. Here's one I posted in 2004 that's marginal, very few views ever, but I haven't deleted it. The discussion was Yanmar's unusual 'Tree Frog Green' used in the 1970's, and this is a photo of re-opening an abandoned ravine terrace. There have been many subsequent threads on the topic of this paint color, so my photo is now less important than it was 18 years ago. I doubt it will get many views in the future.

I've preserved this as my remembrance of an interesting project, but I doubt it adds much value to the site by now.

438299-dscn4646r-jpg.24006

An example of a photo removed was one with a heavy chain between the steering wheel and clutch pedal, for security back when the ranch cabin was rented to college students. I feared some guest would do a 'I used to drive tractors, hold my beer and watch this!'. Anybody could devise similar security. After no increase in views over subsequent years, I purged it.

I have 400+ photos here and digging through that many to illustrate a point, is plenty.

Xfaxman 22 thousand? How do you find anything?

[Note the photo above was shrunk for this post as described recently, by dragging a red corner flag in the draft. Clicking while viewing will restore its size.]

Last edited:
   / Coming soon list #245  
----------------------------------------

I have 400+ photos here and digging through that many to illustrate a point, is plenty.

Xfaxman 22 thousand? How do you find anything?

--------------------------------------------
It is only 17 thousand and I never used the attachment manager.
I always uploaded with the "Insert Image" icon directly from pictures stored in my computer.

I do it the same on this new version, the icon is labeled the same, but changed from the tree in a picture frame.

/ Coming soon list #246  
I am having to log in again every time I visit the site, even though I have the check mark box to stay log in forever. I have cleaned out the cookies...I'm at a lost as to why it will not archive my request to stay log in.

Any insight?

/ Coming soon list #247  
I am having to log in again every time I visit the site, even though I have the check mark box to stay log in forever. I have cleaned out the cookies...I'm at a lost as to why it will not archive my request to stay log in.

Any insight?
You're not the only one: "Stay logged in" not working?

/ Coming soon list #248  
re Stay Logged In, I think my problem started when I recently added Firefox extensions Privacy Badger and NoScript to my home PC on the advice of the recent post
We really are being spied on!!! over in the Spied On thread.

But I didn't add those extensions to this ranch laptop I'm using now - and it does stay logged in like before.

On the PC I tried the various settings in those two new extensions but nothing helped to restore Stay Logged In. I'm still investigating.

/ Coming soon list #249  
Maybe we can get Muhammad to add a YIKES! button next to the Good Post button. It would be really handy in the lumber prices thread.

YIKES!

😝

/ Coming soon list #250  
Maybe we can get Muhammad to add a YIKES! button next to the Good Post button. It would be really handy in the lumber prices thread.

YIKES!

😝
While he's at it, how about a BLOCKED button, so neither the blocker nor the blockee get to see each other's posts. That way there's a complete shut down of not so friendly further communication between the potential antagonists.