COMPLETELY LOST!! 2010 doesn't look good

/ COMPLETELY LOST!! 2010 doesn't look good #81  
Rutwad, there is nothing you have to do. Do what YOU wish. Just do not allow your actions and feelings to be dictated by the moves or talk of others. If you want a shot of getting her back, its not up to you, but I will opine not to chase this. Appear manly and strong in any incidental contacts you may have with her and not all glum about the break up even if it is while she's picking up her things. You have plenty of time to be depressed privately. and the funny thing, you'll actually be more attractive to her as you exude a strength which seems to make us more desirable. (just like in nature) Give this whole thing time with no expectations either way. If there is nothing egregiously wrong in your marriage, as quick as she left, she could come back and I do not care what she said about it being over. Take it a day at a time and remember how odd life can be at any point. What is here today may be gone tomorrow but the vice versa is also true.

Good Advice

/ COMPLETELY LOST!! 2010 doesn't look good #82  
Originally Posted by arrow
it takes a **** of alot more water to keep the grass greener

The grass is only greener 'cause it's got cow s**t in it :)

That stuff is one garl darn good fertilizer and the grass can turn brown right quick if there isn't any of it in any marriage. Go figure. I do suppose a slight contrast is needed at times to appreciate the good stuff.

/ COMPLETELY LOST!! 2010 doesn't look good
There are some interesting analogies here!

Whether it's the kind words or time, maybe both, I still feel better.

After seeing so many rude, mad people driving down the highways, the impolite people you deal with in alot of public places, the negativity of the news, It is almost hard to fathom all of the positive responses I have received here. I guess that's alot of what is different about being here and being out on the road. Stop by the side of the road with a flat tire and see how many people stop to offer help. Stop by this site and you are likely to find somebody with a tire sitting around that he is willing to drive out 20 miles and put it on for you. Hope that made sense.

Trying to get some "Big Green Tractor" therapy yesterday, I busted (no not angry, a stick came through it) the windshield on a 5525. With JD parts, are all prices about the same regardless of where I buy? I know that prices can vary GREATLY on parts I have ordered for a Polaris Ranger. I usually get Ranger parts shipped to me alot less than I can go buy them locally.

Sorry for the unrelated question.

THANKS

Last edited:
   / COMPLETELY LOST!! 2010 doesn't look good #84  
Rutwad, to answer your tractor/parts question, I don't know. I don't own a green machine but I have often heard some folks that own them say that "green=$green".:eek::D I must say that most anything nowadays =$green!:mad:

It's good to hear the good spirits in the words that you write. Asking the tractor/parts question means you're not dwelling on the hardship you've encountered. I have to say here that I've come to trust in God in all my trials and snags in life. Proverbs 3:5-6 gets me through a lot of trials in life. "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your paths." NKJV I've had my share of rough roads in life and believe me, without going into detail, I can truly relate. You've reached out to a good group of folks. Down-to-earth and experienced. You can read and hear, in the words they write and the advice they give, that they went through a trial or trials and survived it. My prayer for you is that through this experience, both the trial and the compassion shown, that God shows you His grace and guides you through whichever path you choose.

I have to believe that most everyone here on this site is the kind that believes that our country was built on good solid folks that hold to the phrase "In God We Trust", would give you the shirt off their back, would be the one who stops to help you change that tire on a cold day, still believes that a man's word is his bond along with a hand shake, knows that right is still right and wrong is still wrong and would take the time to post online their concerns and advise to a fellow TBNer!

Take care Pard,

Jay

/ COMPLETELY LOST!! 2010 doesn't look good #85  
I have 2 Harleys and a JD790. HD stands for $100 dollars:p

I asked the JD counter guy if riding a JD was about the same as a Harley...he agreed! lol

/ COMPLETELY LOST!! 2010 doesn't look good #86  
Regarding JD parts. I get mine from my JD dealer. :D I really cannot complain about their prices since they seem to be the same or BETTER than parts prices from other places.

I buy my oil, oil filter, and fuel filters for my Ford truck and JD tractor from my JD dealer. The filters are good quality and I get them for the same price or less than what I can get at the local parts supply. More importantly, the JD dealer MAILS me the parts so I have them when I need them. I can email an order on Mon and have the parts by Tues or Weds. If I have to stop at the parts store for an oil filter on my truck most of the time they are out of stock. :eek: Fuel filters are even hard to find. Even mailing me the filters it is cheaper to buy from JD than from the auto parts store. Which likely won't have what I need in stock. Go figure. :rolleyes:

I switched over to JD 0w40 oil a year or so ago. It is $100 for a five gallon pail. The last time we bought Rotella 5w40 it was over $20 a gallon.

Later,
Dan

/ COMPLETELY LOST!! 2010 doesn't look good
Will all the kind words and good advice, I may save this thread and even read through it when times get tough in the future.

Day by day the pain is subsiding. I made it through this week, empty and slow, but I made it. Now I need to get things back to a NEW normal. Some adjustments here or there, but back to normal. I am not negative toward my wife, I don't try to find blame in either of us for what happened, but I do think good will come from this. Somehow or someday it will prove to be good.

THANKS TO ALL! YOU REALLY HAVE HELPED ME THROUGH THIS TOUGH TIME!

:) :cool: ;) :D :confused::mad: :)

/ COMPLETELY LOST!! 2010 doesn't look good #88  
Good to hear a positive tone in your post. Keep taking it one day at a time. It will get better. I will keep praying for you.

/ COMPLETELY LOST!! 2010 doesn't look good #90  
Rutwad -

I have been there and done that as many here....I must say, you are WAY ahead in the healing process. Only 1 week and your attitude is absolutely fantastic! You're right, it will prove to be a good thing.

I read a post this morning where a poster referred to his first wife as a "starter model"....that brought a chuckle from me!

Keep busy and healing!