Concrete sealer recommendations

/ Concrete sealer recommendations #1  

riptides

Tractor
Kubota ZTR, RTV, MX6000
Looking for a decent concrete sealer for indoor use. Around 400 square feet in a climate controlled area.

I'd like to hear some recommendations and pro's and con's for application and dry/use time.

Thanks!

/ Concrete sealer recommendations #2  
I've used 2 sealers in 2 different garage / shop applications. The first was "solvent based" by (iirc) Euclid and the product was "Diamond" something. Sorry this was 30 years ago. The 2nd time I was talked into a water based sealer because of the radiant heat in the slab. While it probably did help with the curing (both were cure-seal type products from a commercial concrete contractor supply house).
This water based stuff was easily removed by even the mist of wd40 and it wasn't long before it was gone completely.
The first solvent based "Diamond Clear" by Euclid was far superior but very high "voc's" during application and may not be available, and I'm certain that the radiant heat aspect is not a concern for either type.
20230418_074931.jpg

/ Concrete sealer recommendations #3  
When I put the concrete floor in my garage (24x40) I used Thompson Water Seal. That was over 20 years ago and oil and paint still doesn't penetrate the floor. Pressure washes right off.

/ Concrete sealer recommendations #4  
61EPGSmh79L._AC_SY879_.jpg

Not cheap, but a permanent solution.

/ Concrete sealer recommendations #5  
I used Dayton J20 on my floor back when the shop was built. Acrylic system, easy to apply and reapply ( if necessary). Durable for most liquids ( got to clean up hydraulic fluid as it will deteriorate the acrylic).

/ Concrete sealer recommendations #6  
Whatever you use, just be apprised that it can become slicker than you know what if wet.

/ Concrete sealer recommendations #7  
We used a concrete stain for the garages and paint for the basement floors.

Both held up pretty good but the stain eventually started to wear in high traffic areas.

/ Concrete sealer recommendations #8  
Looking for a decent concrete sealer for indoor use. Around 400 square feet in a climate controlled area
@riptides - A few things...
Is this new concrete or existing? Has it been cleaned & etched?
What are you trying to seal it from (moisture coming up through it, materials being spilled on it, radon, etc, etc)?
Will this have foot traffic only or vehicle / heavy equip? (I see it is only 400sqft so not a huge area)

We have sealed concrete floors & walls on many of our clients projects in the CT / MA area, for one or all the situation (& others) listed above, but would want to know the "what" you are sealing it for & the "how" it is going to be used prior to recommending a product or application procedure. All of the products we use can be applied by a diligent DIY person & many are Zero VOC. No mater what you use, proper prep & application determine the end result.

/ Concrete sealer recommendations
@riptides - A few things...
Is this new concrete or existing? Has it been cleaned & etched?
What are you trying to seal it from (moisture coming up through it, materials being spilled on it, radon, etc, etc)?
Will this have foot traffic only or vehicle / heavy equip? (I see it is only 400sqft so not a huge area)

We have sealed concrete floors & walls on many of our clients projects in the CT / MA area, for one or all the situation (& others) listed above, but would want to know the "what" you are sealing it for & the "how" it is going to be used prior to recommending a product or application procedure. All of the products we use can be applied by a diligent DIY person & many are Zero VOC. No mater what you use, proper prep & application determine the end result.

100 year old concrete. Sealing just to keep the dust down.

It is an old Milk House, looks to have a very smooth finish coat. I am in the process of washing it down with a sponge just to "clean" it further.

Occasional foot traffic only. No equipment or animals will utilize the space.