Converting snowblower to 52" snowplow

/ Converting snowblower to 52" snowplow #1  

Waldon52

Platinum Member
Tractor
John Deere
My name is Don Campbell and I live in Northern Michigan . I have visited this sight many times and enjoyed it very much. I decided today to register and show some of my garden tractor projects and workshop welding projects. 2 weeks ago I took my non working snowblower, cut off the front and welded plow brackets on the front. I built a light duty 18 ga. blade and it pivots by pulling a pin. I have used it four times in wet and fluffy snow and it works great. aduelset2.jpg

/ Converting snowblower to 52" snowplow
abigtire1.jpgaduelset1.jpgaheadlights.jpgasafetylight.jpgHere are a couple more pics of my walk behind 52" snowplow.

aafirsttime1.jpgaafirsttime4.jpgaafirsttime5.jpg

Thanks , it is perfect for pushing the snow in a windrow and not have to run the snowblower for just 2 inches of snow. I never liked running a snowblower for long periods of time with little or no snow in it. That is a lot of moving parts wearing out for nothing. What a easy project and I can't get over how well it works.

/ Converting snowblower to 52" snowplow #7  
First I want to say WELCOME to TBN! You sure have and eye for detail and are very crafty. The three projects are very impressive. I also think you need to get some help for the addiction to green paint!! LOL

/ Converting snowblower to 52" snowplow #8  
Welcome, and that great job on that!

/ Converting snowblower to 52" snowplow #9  
very cool ! Iwondeer though -- why did you end up doing this? were you frustrated with alot of wet snow in your area ?

/ Converting snowblower to 52" snowplow #10  
Thanks , it is perfect for pushing the snow in a windrow and not have to run the snowblower for just 2 inches of snow.

Will you then snowblower the windrow? Or is the plow heavy enough to push it? Will you have to add weight for the bigger storms?