Cool Or Creepy Things Found In The Bush Or On Your Property

/ Cool Or Creepy Things Found In The Bush Or On Your Property #251  
What is maddening with dumping in my county, is that there are NO fees for dumping at the dump or the various collection centers. Those services are paid for in county taxes and when one goes to the dump or the collection center one does not pay a penny. Yet, people will still toss trash along the road, on their property, or worse someone else's property, like mine.

Yeah, I would not buy property that had buried trash on it and I have seem that here and there over the years. In the two cases I mentioned, there were simple, easy and no cost ways to handle their trash, other than tossing it on the land. Just odd.

Later,
Dan
The local city dump use to be free if you showed your water bill proving you were a resident. That went away 10 yrs ago so people are less likely to pay a minimum $50 fee to dump their trash.
We elected not to pay for trash service so my method is to burn all paper and cardboard and then dump cans/bottles at the gas station (bagged in small bags) about twice per week. Other larger items like milk bottles, wine bottles, etc. are dumped at the gas station when we fill up. I had someone pick up all my metal trash I accumulated over the last 4 years for free since he was going to recycle it. Food waste/scraps can be composted and used for gardening.

There really is no reason for rural owners to have trashy property.

/ Cool Or Creepy Things Found In The Bush Or On Your Property #252  
My Grandfather, being a Country Doctor, had a habit of buying out widow's estates as "House and Contents." House and contents, means you buy the entire estate if no one else wants to challenge it with the single check, to be bought out. i always thought this was difficult for me, cause I'd have to sort though the good and bad. And the Grandfather wanted to keep everything..... for some reason.

Well, one House and Contents turned out to be strange. While looking at one of his new purchases, I noticed a trap door in the kitchen no one had seen before. This was an old house and it was common to have a root cellar close to the kitchen.

I pulled up the trap door and it was filled with clothing. New, old, clothing, with the sales tags still on them.

So I started to take the clothes out, and found a step! And then another step, and another, and another.

All filled up with rotting, new, old clothing that still had tags on them. And then I saw the rafters, meaning that this as an entire basement. I ordered a dumpster to the site. Then spent an entire week doing nothing but pulling out what must have been 250 thousand dollars of, now rotted, and useless clothing, that had been neatly stacked in the basement. All of them still had sales tags. It took three dumpsters. One of the House and Contents was a 1980 CHEVROLET EL CAMINO. I didn't like it, so turned it down. I was just happy Grand Pa was paying for my college tuition. :)
I wonder what the story was behind the clothing with tags still on them?

/ Cool Or Creepy Things Found In The Bush Or On Your Property #253  
   / Cool Or Creepy Things Found In The Bush Or On Your Property #255  
When I was a teenager, a friend's dad worked in the local dump. We also had a local Frito-Lay plant, and they would periodically bring non-sellable inventory, due to packaging issues. The dad would swipe the product, and they would have a massive quantity of chips in their house for a while.

On hindsight, I'm not convinced that anyone knew that there wasn't anything dangerous in these discarded chips. We were happy to chow down, and we didn't ask questions.

I f-f-f-feel f-f-f-fine!

/ Cool Or Creepy Things Found In The Bush Or On Your Property #256  
If any manufactures would just offer a manual trans, no power windows/mirrors/anything, I'd be happy. Just need 4WD, a radio, and turn signals get all the other crap off my truck because I don't want to pay for it.

You forgot the EIGHT FOOT BED! That would make it a real work truck rather than a play toy that can't carry and 8' 2x4

/ Cool Or Creepy Things Found In The Bush Or On Your Property #257  
I wonder what the story was behind the clothing with tags still on them?
Cleptomaniac 🤔🤔🤔🤫 My guess is someone with either a severe shopping addiction and hiding the spoils in the root cellar.

Thrift store owner??? Keeping all the stuff turned in with the tags still on.

Defunked flea market stall owner and stashed the going out of business merchandise in the cellar.

Someone stole a trailer, wanted the trailer, and kept all the stuff they cleaned out of it.

They actually did that last one here about 8 to 10 years ago. Someone stole a semi trailer full of feminine products from the local Kimberly Clark factory 😂🤣🤣😂🤣😂🤣

/ Cool Or Creepy Things Found In The Bush Or On Your Property #258  
The local city dump use to be free if you showed your water bill proving you were a resident. That went away 10 yrs ago so people are less likely to pay a minimum $50 fee to dump their trash.
We elected not to pay for trash service so my method is to burn all paper and cardboard and then dump cans/bottles at the gas station (bagged in small bags) about twice per week. Other larger items like milk bottles, wine bottles, etc. are dumped at the gas station when we fill up. I had someone pick up all my metal trash I accumulated over the last 4 years for free since he was going to recycle it. Food waste/scraps can be composted and used for gardening.

There really is no reason for rural owners to have trashy property.

We had a well run recycling program in this county. Had to sort to glass, paper, plastic, metal, etc. Then the Far East consumers of the US output got fed up with all the plain garbage people were dumping in the bins and quit buying. I was absolutely shocked at just how much recyclables had been going out of the house but now just goes in the weekly garbage pickup. It really bothers me to see it going to waste.

/ Cool Or Creepy Things Found In The Bush Or On Your Property #259  
Cleptomaniac 🤔🤔🤔🤫 My guess is someone with either a severe shopping addiction and hiding the spoils in the root cellar.

Thrift store owner??? Keeping all the stuff turned in with the tags still on.

Defunked flea market stall owner and stashed the going out of business merchandise in the cellar.

Someone stole a trailer, wanted the trailer, and kept all the stuff they cleaned out of it.

They actually did that last one here about 8 to 10 years ago. Someone stole a semi trailer full of feminine products from the local Kimberly Clark factory 😂🤣🤣😂🤣😂🤣

It really sounds like a typical "horder" although those types usually don't hord just one type of thing.
We had one lady in this county back when that had a couple houses, both jammed to the gills with new stuffl.

/ Cool Or Creepy Things Found In The Bush Or On Your Property #260  
It really sounds like a typical "horder" although those types usually don't hord just one type of thing.
We had one lady in this county back when that had a couple houses, both jammed to the gills with new stuffl.
I agree. Probably elderly with dementia. Once the marbles start to go, you never know what they start collecting.

With my grandfather, it was sliced cheese wrappers.

Couldn't throw them out, had to save them. But couldn't give a reason why.

He got them confused with plastic sandwich bags and bread bags. He and grandma used to wash, dry them, and reuse them.

Granted when I stayed with them for a bit on the farm just before they sold it, they kept trying to get me to use those washed and stinky sandwich bags for my lunch.

I had a fresh box of sandwich bags stashed and hidden in the gameroom off the kitchen