Cool Or Creepy Things Found In The Bush Or On Your Property

/ Cool Or Creepy Things Found In The Bush Or On Your Property #391  
When I was in high school, our nearest nearest neighbor was about 2 miles away. We lived just off the main road, with a circle drive. I was out pumping water, when I saw this weird creature coming up our driveway. It was black, and its head was huge...it kept nodding its head up and down in an exaggerated manner, and all I could think of was an anteater. It scared me; I thought it might be rabid.

The rifle was just inside the door, so I grabbed it and shot the varmint before it could get up to the house. I let it lay for a few minutes; then walked up to examine it. I couldn't believe my eyes. It was a skunk, and it had its head stuck in what looked like a pint mayonnaise jar. I figured he was getting a treat and got his head stuck.
I think I saw something similar back when I was a kid.
No, wait; it was Winnie the Pooh!

Did he spray when you shot him?

Here's where a bear really did get his head stuck.

/ Cool Or Creepy Things Found In The Bush Or On Your Property #393  
When I was in high school, our nearest nearest neighbor was about 2 miles away. We lived just off the main road, with a circle drive. I was out pumping water, when I saw this weird creature coming up our driveway. It was black, and its head was huge...it kept nodding its head up and down in an exaggerated manner, and all I could think of was an anteater. It scared me; I thought it might be rabid.

The rifle was just inside the door, so I grabbed it and shot the varmint before it could get up to the house. I let it lay for a few minutes; then walked up to examine it. I couldn't believe my eyes. It was a skunk, and it had its head stuck in what looked like a pint mayonnaise jar. I figured he was getting a treat and got his head stuck.
I've come across a feral cat that had it's head stuck in a pint sized yogurt container one night at work.

Ended up having to put on welding gloves and sleeves before being able to get the cat loose. That little bugger was freaking out.

/ Cool Or Creepy Things Found In The Bush Or On Your Property #394  
That little bugger was freaking out.
I don't blame him.. I would be too, if there was something jammed onto my head. ;)

/ Cool Or Creepy Things Found In The Bush Or On Your Property #395  

Larson.JPG

ETA: Although in this case, it seemed to work just fine!

Last edited:
   / Cool Or Creepy Things Found In The Bush Or On Your Property #396  
I found a headlight assembly laying in my front yard tonight.

Maybe match it up with the complete care hood I found in my driveway. Maybe we can collect an entire car.

/ Cool Or Creepy Things Found In The Bush Or On Your Property #397  
A few years ago a car did crash into a pole across the road from where I found it, below the culvert, so maybe it had been stuck in the culvert a few years and just came out.

/ Cool Or Creepy Things Found In The Bush Or On Your Property #398  
I've come across a feral cat that had it's head stuck in a pint sized yogurt container one night at work.

Ended up having to put on welding gloves and sleeves before being able to get the cat loose. That little bugger was freaking out.
I've learned to put on welding gloves every time I put my wife's cat in the carrier. Now the cat takes off when she sees me with welding gloves.

/ Cool Or Creepy Things Found In The Bush Or On Your Property #399  
I've learned to put on welding gloves every time I put my wife's cat in the carrier. Now the cat takes off when she sees me with welding gloves.
First time I used welding gloves to grab an animal was when the neighbor asked us to dog sit for them.

They had an ancient chihuahua that was absolutely miserable.

It was quite the site with a couple other neighbors out watching me go collect her. All they heard was snarling and barking coming from the neighbors house. I was surprised someone didn't supply popcorn for the event

Here I come out of the house after a couple minutes holding this chihuahua wearing a leather jacket that was 20 years old (and shrunk so i had it on backwards arms through the sleeves) and my welding gloves, holding this 7lb banshee out at arms length to keep from losing my nose

Darn dog started seizing about halfway across the yard. so I took it inside and laid it on the dog bed to recoup.

Once it came too, it chilled out. Till my wife got home from work. Then it wouldn't let her in our house

That was a long weekend, and the end to me volunteering to dog sit another chihuahua