Cool Or Creepy Things Found In The Bush Or On Your Property

/ Cool Or Creepy Things Found In The Bush Or On Your Property
When I was in high school, our nearest nearest neighbor was about 2 miles away. We lived just off the main road, with a circle drive. I was out pumping water, when I saw this weird creature coming up our driveway. It was black, and its head was huge...it kept nodding its head up and down in an exaggerated manner, and all I could think of was an anteater. It scared me; I thought it might be rabid.

The rifle was just inside the door, so I grabbed it and shot the varmint before it could get up to the house. I let it lay for a few minutes; then walked up to examine it. I couldn't believe my eyes. It was a skunk, and it had its head stuck in what looked like a pint mayonnaise jar. I figured he was getting a treat and got his head stuck.
He won't do that again !!
Found a cat with his head stuck in a can dropped, after lunch I assume, at a road repair site.
Took it off then the cat took off.

/ Cool Or Creepy Things Found In The Bush Or On Your Property
First time I used welding gloves to grab an animal was when the neighbor asked us to dog sit for them.

They had an ancient chihuahua that was absolutely miserable.

It was quite the site with a couple other neighbors out watching me go collect her. All they heard was snarling and barking coming from the neighbors house. I was surprised someone didn't supply popcorn for the event

Here I come out of the house after a couple minutes holding this chihuahua wearing a leather jacket that was 20 years old (and shrunk so i had it on backwards arms through the sleeves) and my welding gloves, holding this 7lb banshee out at arms length to keep from losing my nose

Darn dog started seizing about halfway across the yard. so I took it inside and laid it on the dog bed to recoup.

Once it came too, it chilled out. Till my wife got home from work. Then it wouldn't let her in our house

That was a long weekend, and the end to me volunteering to dog sit another chihuahua
I'd just drop food through the mail slot.
Clean the messes just before they get home.
Interesting. No one ever asks me to dog sit.

/ Cool Or Creepy Things Found In The Bush Or On Your Property #413  

This is an interesting video of recovering an old bulldozer which sunk into a bog in 1975. It always amazes me how the paint is still visible, right down to the Army star on the back.
I’ve watched the recovery several times over the last few years, either it’s different every time or my memory is playing games. I’m quite certain that once they said that a scuba diver had gone down to attach the chains... I don’t know how else they would have done it anyways although the excavator operator was good enough so that maybe he just hooked the blade.
Note the snow during the recovery, then the grass starting to green up when they dropped it off at the snowsled clubhouse. That’s in Maine, for sure! 😆
In another video you can see them getting it started. 👍
Really enjoy videos like that Thanks! If that's a td 24 would be like a cat d8 or D7 I believe. 20 tons. My grandfather told me of a cat D8 I believe. It sunk in a swamp and left there when they were building US. Highway 2 across the UP. Makes me wonder, if they could recover that one.

/ Cool Or Creepy Things Found In The Bush Or On Your Property #414  
Really enjoy videos like that Thanks! If that's a td 24 would be like a cat d8 or D7 I believe. 20 tons. My grandfather told me of a cat D8 I believe. It sunk in a swamp and left there when they were building US. Highway 2 across the UP. Makes me wonder, if they could recover that one.
Coworker used to work a drilling company. They ended up having to cut there losses on one bit and leave it.

Several years later, he was working as a mechanic for a large underground mine.

They found the bit

Bit was recovered and turned into a large piece of art and is on display at the main office for the drilling company.

/ Cool Or Creepy Things Found In The Bush Or On Your Property #415  
This is my back yard. The tree bridge across the creek was here when I bought the place, but was pretty rickety and starting to rot. I replaced it with a treated lumber structure. The bubbles were just fun.

bridge.jpg

/ Cool Or Creepy Things Found In The Bush Or On Your Property #416  

This is an interesting video of recovering an old bulldozer which sunk into a bog in 1975. It always amazes me how the paint is still visible, right down to the Army star on the back.
I’ve watched the recovery several times over the last few years, either it’s different every time or my memory is playing games. I’m quite certain that once they said that a scuba diver had gone down to attach the chains... I don’t know how else they would have done it anyways although the excavator operator was good enough so that maybe he just hooked the blade.
Note the snow during the recovery, then the grass starting to green up when they dropped it off at the snowsled clubhouse. That’s in Maine, for sure! 😆
In another video you can see them getting it started. 👍
Pretty cool.
Jims Towing has some very nice towing equipment. Perfect for that job.

/ Cool Or Creepy Things Found In The Bush Or On Your Property #417  
50 ton rotator?

/ Cool Or Creepy Things Found In The Bush Or On Your Property #418  
My father in law found a "stone" that was perfectly round, whitish colored, about the size of a golf ball but smooth on his rural property.

The "stone" had NASA on the stone. I can't remember if it was carved into the stone or just "painted" on the stone.

The mystery was did the "stone" actually fall from the sky, which is hard to believe, or did one of his buddies or someone else, leave it for him to find. Flip side, how would they know he would find it in the woods?

Later,
Dan

/ Cool Or Creepy Things Found In The Bush Or On Your Property #419  
you tell me, i personally don’t know, i thought it was a pickup although I also did find it looks like a Ranchero. I did tried to find out but all the badge are missing and these are too old for me to tell.
Early Ranchero .

/ Cool Or Creepy Things Found In The Bush Or On Your Property #420  
Well - I don't think it's cool or creepy. But I have one inch of fresh April 14th snow in my yard. Where is that darn sun???