cost of adding rear remotes and 3rd function

/ cost of adding rear remotes and 3rd function #1  

ENC

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L4600
I am getting a quote from the dealer on adding 2 rear remotes with power beyond in case I want to add a splitter or ??? I also want a 3rd function on the FEL for a grapple.

So far they said $1400 for the rear remotes with 2 position valves. Is that the same as power beyond or more importantly is it going to meet my needs? Is the price in range of what I should be looking at. How much for the 3rd function? Should I get skid steer couplers up front instead of whatever is normal for a tractor?

Thanks in advance

/ cost of adding rear remotes and 3rd function #2  
I am getting a quote from the dealer on adding 2 rear remotes with power beyond in case I want to add a splitter or ??? I also want a 3rd function on the FEL for a grapple.

So far they said $1400 for the rear remotes with 2 position valves. Is that the same as power beyond or more importantly is it going to meet my needs? Is the price in range of what I should be looking at. How much for the 3rd function? Should I get skid steer couplers up front instead of whatever is normal for a tractor?

Thanks in advance
Sounds a bit high, but they have to install and that takes time and time = $$$. If your major concern is to have one of the remotes for a log splitter, then you really want to have one of the valves with a detent so that it will stay on when you want it on to feed the log splitter valve. I sell a 2 valve setup for $755, that is with any make up needed for the valves. A 3 valve setup runs $890. Now this does not include any valve mount, that is left up to the customer to make the decision of how and where to mount the control valves.

FEL true 3rd function runs $592 or a diverter setup (my recommended way to go) runs $567. Again none of these are installed prices and these costs are only good to the end of the year. (a couple more days)

Flat face couplers run quite a bit more $$, but are nicer. Personal preference for what you get. Most people do not get them. Just the std AG type QDS are what get used.

Gives you something to compare to though.

Good luck.;)

/ cost of adding rear remotes and 3rd function
Got back on the 3rd function at $800 so a total of $2200 installed for 2 sets of rear remotes and the 3rd function on the loader

/ cost of adding rear remotes and 3rd function #4  
You have to decide what you want in the end.

I've gathered components and added rear remotes and 3rd function, similary to what Brian sells.

I've also bought factory add ons.

Only you can decide which is best for you.

Currently I have 3 rear remotes and true 3rd function on the FEL with no exposed bracketry, odd located levers, or clustered hoses.

It's totally up to you what you want.

After a few hundred hours of operation, what it cost you will become irrelevant and you'll only remember the useability.

/ cost of adding rear remotes and 3rd function #5  
I recently added 2 remotes to my Kubota L5740. These were purchased from my local Kubota dealer and cost me about $1450.

I brought them to a local welding/machine shop and he installed them for me. He also installed a 3rd function for my grapple. Total cost for the 3rd function and the installation was about $1000. So, my total cost for 2 remotes and a 3rd function was about $2450.

/ cost of adding rear remotes and 3rd function #6  
I'm getting the front 3rd function kit, three rear remote, first one with will be 2 position and the next two will have float. I'm paying $2,200 and some change installed. The tractor is new and I'm having them add these b4 they deliver it. I was told this price was at dealers cost but after searching a little I have my doubts.... but they will be installing it all and I guess it take a good amount of time so I'm not gonna complain.
3rd function kit $640
1st rear remote $625
2nd rear remote (float) $490
3rd rear remote (float) $490

/ cost of adding rear remotes and 3rd function #7  
After a few hundred hours of operation, what it cost you will become irrelevant and you'll only remember the useability.

Yup, this is exactly what happened to me, I don't remember what it cost.

I installed a 3rd function valve for my grapple, and 4 rear remotes. 2 have float, and the other 2 are standard 2 position. I used stack valves so I can add more as needed. Where I made my mistake is I didn't add a motor spool valve or power beyond, so when I use my log splitter I have to use a bungee cord to hold the valve open, which I really don't like because it's basically mickey moused. I think there is a link in my sig to a detailed report of exactly how I did the work, as well as breakdown of costs etc. with quite a few pics.

EDIT: I just checked my thread, and it cost me $870 for the entire rear remote setup including QD's. The 3rd function was right around $800 from WR Long which included brackets and everything I needed to install it.
Note that I did get a few fittings for no cost to me, so figure maybe an additional $40-$50 for those fittings. Also, my mounting brackets for the rear remotes were no cost, so realistically I'd say for around 1k if I had to buy everything the way I did it. (rear remote setup)

At the time I was doing this, MtnViewRanch didn't offer the valve kits he offers now. If I were to do it over again, I would go with some sort of rear remote/diverter setup combination from him for all my rear remotes, so the valve's wouldn't take up as much space, but I'd still have numerous remotes out back. I don't think the additional cost of the 3rd function is really "worth" it if your looking to do this economically. The diverter setup would be just fine, and in some cases better (with minor disadvantages depending on your personal preference).

Of course, this is with me doing all my own labor and quite a bit of time in learning hydraulics (I knew absolutely nothing when I started). If you don't want to do any of the work, then it may be better for you to just pay the dealer and be done with it. However, this will almost certainly be the most expensive way to go, while more than likely not getting as "nice" of a setup as you could with a true customized job. (in regards to functionality/versatility)

......now that I've used the hydraulics, what do I value them as????? Priceless. :D

Last edited:
   / cost of adding rear remotes and 3rd function #8  
ENC ,

If you are mechanically inclined, you can do all this yourself and save big bucks.

If you don't need float on the T-N-T, you can install something like this.

Three spool valve with PB.

3 SPOOL 8 GPM PRINCE MB31BBB5C1 DA VALVE

P-BEYOND & CLOSED CENTER PLUG 8 GPM MB VALVES

Four spool valve.

4 SPOOL 14 GPM PRINCE WVS41BBBB5C1 DA VALVE

POWER BEYOND/CLOSED CENTER SLEEVE WVS VALVES

If you need float for the T-N-T, the you need stacked valves.

Use this link to add the components to make up a stacked valve. You can designed yur valve anyway you want using the drop down list.

4 SPOOL SV VALVE OPEN CENTER W/POWER BEYOND

3rd function.

12 VDC 10 GPM OC DA SOLENOID VALVE

1 STATION DO3 SUBPLATE OPEN CENTER

Some mounting plates and hoses and fittings.

Flush face QD's

1/2" NPT FLUSH FACE QUICK COUPLER SET ISO 16028

/ cost of adding rear remotes and 3rd function #9  
Understand, I'm not arguing a point here. Just sharing experiences.

These pics are of my M9540 with 3 rear remotes and true 3rd function on the FEL Pricey. What you get is convenience and a total lack of clutter Over time a setup like this will please you with no regrets.

Here's a setup that I pieced together on my L4400. 2 rear remotes and true 3rd function on the FEL. I had to build all the brackets, measure and build the hoses. It was useable. Worked without glitch. Cheap. Cluttered and not as user friendly.

/ cost of adding rear remotes and 3rd function #10  
I myself would rather have the factory look over the diy look even at the price difference.... but that's just me.