Couldnt' find the music thread #2

/ Couldnt' find the music thread #2 #1  

2LaneCruzer

Super Star Member
Tractor
John Deere LX172
Was perusing the internet for old time rock and roll songs, and the nostalgia simply overflowed...as did the tears (I unashamedly admit); by the time I got to this one, I was practically dehydrated.

/ Couldnt' find the music thread #2 #3  
I enjoyed that. Thanks for sharing. The MP3 player in my car is full of such things.

/ Couldnt' find the music thread #2
Try this one...although Johnny Cash has always been one of all time favorites, this version just blew me away:

/ Couldnt' find the music thread #2 #5  
I like the songs that tell a story, which I guess are actually called ballads. Burl Ives and Johnny Horton are two off the top of my head, there are others as well in all kinds of genres. Then there are songs like "Puff the magic dragon" which fits into that category as long as you only take it at face value and ignore the innuendo.

/ Couldnt' find the music thread #2
I like the songs that tell a story, which I guess are actually called ballads. Burl Ives and Johnny Horton are two off the top of my head, there are others as well in all kinds of genres. Then there are songs like "Puff the magic dragon" which fits into that category as long as you only take it at face value and ignore the innuendo.

I have always like Burl Ives; no one like him ever. I also liked his "little bitty tear let me down".

/ Couldnt' find the music thread #2 #8  
I love 50's and 60's stuff but also mainly American country music. Some Aussie country is pretty good so long as it has a great beat. I have my own Karaoke set and often go out to my den and belt out a few. Going to set up a new den in my new shed with large screen on the wall so friends and family can join in like we used to. I have a good hundred karaoke disks and lots on a hard drive. Probably around 4000 songs I guess. I use a Sonken MP4000 Karaoke machine with amp etc. ( used to have a Karaoke business I ran after hours and for weddings, at Pubs and clubs etc.)

/ Couldnt' find the music thread #2 #9  
This thread?

/ Couldnt' find the music thread #2 #10  
It happens. Look at Big Band Music. That once dominated the American music scene but is about as dead as can be these days. Music is trendy, and trends change. So goodbye Rock and Roll and hello Rap. (which I personally hope is a very short trend!)