country internet

/ country internet #21  
Jim, do you have an antenna attached to your Verizon USB card? If so, How many bars do you have. We are operating with 2.5 bars (sometimes 2, sometimes 3). Does anyone have the air card in a router going wireless to an internet TV? DW=Darling Wife, right!

/ country internet #22  
Jim, do you have an antenna attached to your Verizon USB card? If so, How many bars do you have. We are operating with 2.5 bars (sometimes 2, sometimes 3). Does anyone have the air card in a router going wireless to an internet TV? DW=Darling Wife, right!
Or Dear Wife. :cool:

/ country internet
Ron -- they now have an MBR1200 that has external antenna which would be nice here as I could put one outside the window and get a better signal to the cabin. The aircard only has to reach 2 feet to the wilson repeater. I first put the aircard in my laptop and was not impressed with the speed.....then I put it in the router and I don't know why it makes a difference - but it sure does. I can live with this setup quite well.

/ country internet #24  

Don, it varies, but most of the time I have three bars. My modem is not a card, but rather just a usb modem about 1" wide and 3" long with a flip-up antenna. Here is a link to an image of the modem and some antennas if I ever need one.

EDIT: Also, I do not think an internet TV would be a good idea for the modem since you'd bust your 5GB monthly allowance pretty quickly.

/ country internet #25  
Jim the internet signal is not for the TV stations but for things called widgets and snippits???? --still tying to figure things out.....but I have to get internet to the TV via wire or wireless. The Verizon aircard plugged into the TV USB did not work - it really wasn't supposed to, I found that out after reading the instructions. I have to use their modem wireless USB thingy ($80) and a router or direct wire from a router....I think.

/ country internet #26  
I am considering a Sprint MIFI since it would be an upgrade. I was thinking of putting a WIFI pci in my desktop, since my daughters macbook already has wifi installed.

Any one have any experience or knowledge about the Sprint MIFI?? It's hardly bigger than a credit card, so has me a little skeptical.

I have been using the Sprint wireless ovation U727, but I killed it, so back on dial up for now..

/ country internet #27  

I have a Yagi, going to a kyocera (re-branded Cradlepoint) fed by an AC575 broadcasting to the local area :). This feeds my Wii.

Does this count? :)

/ country internet #28  
I have a Yagi, going to a kyocera (re-branded Cradlepoint) fed by an AC575 broadcasting to the local area :). This feeds my Wii.

Does this count? :)

Is that English??? if so it counts. :D What does your Yagi plug into?

/ country internet #29  
Dang, Would ya'll speak a language us'n ol country folks kin understand. I was hoppin ta git sumpin good outta dis but I dunt speak the same stuff yall do.

/ country internet #30  
I am considering a Sprint MIFI since it would be an upgrade. I was thinking of putting a WIFI pci in my desktop, since my daughters macbook already has wifi installed.

Any one have any experience or knowledge about the Sprint MIFI?? It's hardly bigger than a credit card, so has me a little skeptical.

I have been using the Sprint wireless ovation U727, but I killed it, so back on dial up for now..

I have the same thing, verizon MIFI. It includes router for up to 5 wireless connections. Using it right now, I just keep it plugged into ac, but you can use it on battery also. I got it for travel.