COVID19 bull

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / COVID19 bull #31  
The whole bloody thing is such a mess; how in the world can we not know after almost two years what exactly Covid is? I have my two shots, it was no big deal; and I really don't care if someone else doesn't want shots. What I want is our lives back before Covid; when I could still buy a tractor and ammo, work at work and not at home, and go wherever the h ell I pleased. [[ Only government could screw this up so bad... ]]

Incorrect. It is the abuse of liberty practiced by anti vaxxers that is screwing this up.

/ COVID19 bull #32  
I have lost all trust in the "experts" on this. The "science and data" have been manipulated and corrupted.

I have both shots...not sure I will take the booster.

Follow the money....the drug companies are making billions on this.

It’s too bad their aren’t more investigative journalists interested in pursuing this. I think people would be shocked at the overwhelming emphasis on vaccination and the under emphasis on cheap, off the shelf meds.

/ COVID19 bull #33  
Sigh...

If only people could understand the difference between a vaccine and an immunization.

I'd say, considering what the timeline is, we have done rather well in identification and corrective mitigations for a new virus.

Personal liberties no matter which way you side, are hard to account for, but in this day and age personal freedom has contributed to the demise of millions. As a society, the ramifications of that will be felt for generations.

/ COVID19 bull
And in my case now both my Daughter and Son in Law have tested positive,
and both were vaccinated. Plus they are both young in their early 30's.

edited to add;
30% of the new cases in my county have of vaccinated individuals.
and yes there is considerable manipulation of the bed availability and available resources.

/ COVID19 bull #35  
@newbury There was also manipulation of the ICU beds. If a hospital had 40 beds they may of set 10 aside for Covid. When those 10 filled up they had no beds available.

/ COVID19 bull #36  
What is potentially worse is that there is a developing body of evidence that those who previously had Covid and then get vaccinated may destroy their "N" protein recognition by doing so, ruining their previous nearly-perfect immunity. That we did not specifically prove that this did not happen before giving these shots to anyone with prior infection is outrageous. While the data on this is quite thin at present that there is a higher breakthrough rate in persons with prior infection than those who were infected but did not get vaccinated is what the data currently shows, which strongly implies that vaccination after infection actually screws you.

That is just great. I knew I should not have taken the jabs.

/ COVID19 bull #37  
Prayers for them Lou and your family. Hopefully they will recover soon.

/ COVID19 bull
Prayers for them Lou and your family. Hopefully they will recover soon.
Thanks,
I expect they both will soon, they are young and healthy.
And the 3 year old doesn't even seem to fazed by it in the least, she tested positive last week.
No symptoms, no fussing, just happy and playing.

/ COVID19 bull #39  
@newbury There was also manipulation of the ICU beds. If a hospital had 40 beds they may of set 10 aside for Covid. When those 10 filled up they had no beds available.
unrelated

i see you are from beecher city

i grew up in a city that had a street named beecher.

it had a meat market on it.

does beecher have a meat market?

/ COVID19 bull #40  
This is not manipulation. Quite simply hospitals dont have the manpower to fill up the ICU with COVID patients and also treat every other health condition requiring intensive care. Many ICUs run at about 70% capacity anyway, that is good business. ICU staff are EXPENSIVE, and they need work to do. So most ICUs that are say 10 beds will try and keep 5-7 of those occupied at all times.

Keeping ourselves out of the ICU (if we can) frees up space and resources for all of those very sick non-COVID patients that need the care. The healthcare system has been severely strained over the past 18 months. To the point where quality of care has diminished, and people that need urgent (not emergency) treatment are being turned away. Think cancer patient with a tumor that has to wait a month for a bed to free up.... During surges this is what happens.

I really don't care about any other part of this except strain on the healthcare system...that's the threshold for all decisions. It should not be political.

@k0ua can you send me the link to N protein article. I would like to review the statistical method.

Status
Not open for further replies.