Critique what went wrong.

/ Critique what went wrong. #21  
bet that was a wonderful camping experience....... Id say vehicle handling was a bit dicey as well...
Just another "Hold my beer"

/ Critique what went wrong. #23  
Not for highway use…but nice try.
6A23551C-F7CD-4BCB-863B-82E79DBF0252.jpeg

/ Critique what went wrong. #25  
Nothing really went wrong... the trailer did exactly what it should have done, with that load. Probably save someone from a VERY serious accident, by preventing the clueless owner/operator of that truck, from driving out on the road.

Gotta agree with that.

Kinda reminds me of the old joke about when God was handing out brains. The giveaway was going along fine until He came to one good ol' boy who was a bit hard of hearing & thought God had said "Drains"..... and that guy looks down and says, "No thanks, it appears I already have one".

BTW, it doesn't even need to be such a big log. By chaining the load just right to be wrong, it is possible to get the chain tension to ADD to the total bending load on the axle.

rScotty

/ Critique what went wrong. #26  
He just needs a bigger truck to get it started rolling and he will be fine.

/ Critique what went wrong. #27  
Apparently that log wasn't a dry as they thought it was.

/ Critique what went wrong. #28  
That's one hell of a log. I bet they are going to roll it on their WoodMizer.

/ Critique what went wrong. #29  
I had a 26" diameter maple fall in my forest. I cut it into 9 foot lengths. It's now a very nice table on my patio. The very first stage of that project several years ago was realizing that my mini excavator could not possibly lift it to load it on a trailer, and it was too heavy to skid back a half mile with the tractor. So, being rather eager to get it back, and knowing that it would not fit in the sawmill anyway, I split it in half where it lay. It took me two days, and a dozen progressively wider maple wedges. In two halves, the mini ex, and the trailer handled it.

I learned the "it's heavier than in looks" lesson early in life. My buddy had his dad's brand new half tom GMC pick up. We needed some fill for a project. Who do we pass, a road works guy with a back hoe. "Hey, can you spare us a bucket of what you've dug out there?" "Sure!", and he skillfully, and oh so gently pours a bucket load into the box. "You want a second bucket load...?" As I said to my buddy, Ahhh, I don't think that's a good idea, my buddy's already motioning yes. A second really gently poured load of fill had the truck bunged right out with the frame on the axle. It made the trip, but had to have the springs replaced that week.

I work in aviation, where we tend to the more cautious, and weigh everything. My uncle, who was a mechanic on the Berlin Airlift told me about a DC-4 which staggered into the airport with a terrified crew. Apparently the load of aluminum bar which was loaded, and weight calculated was actually steel.