CT2025 loader function valve anomaly?

/ CT2025 loader function valve anomaly? #1  

kb27

Tractor
Bobcat CT 2025
With some practice I've found I can get the loader to do two functions at the same time. I've noticed more than once, with a load on the forks, if I try to curl (rollback) and lift at the same time, the loader will actually dump. This confuses me and I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this? I haven't seen this happen with no load on, but then again I'm usually not trying to gently and precisely curl and lift with no load.

/ CT2025 loader function valve anomaly? #2  
The same thing has happened to me many times.
Told dealer about it. Tech came and said hyd pressure is up to spec in curl and lift cylinders.
I noticed this when I had the 2035 machine here to test for a couple of days.
did the same thing. I thought it was just me not knowing the equipmen.
No. I think it is a bad design.
I lift skids of oak firewood so it's a good amount of weight. I curl first then lift.
if I lift then Try to curl that's when it can dump Or just not curl,you never know what will happen.Seems dangerous too.
I have had to restack many skids of firewood,
Very annoying.
I just live with it. what choice do I have. Bobcat should redesign the hydraulic control on the tractor and make it right.
my biggest pucker moment was when I was getting a new log splitter delivered by freight truck on a skid. I had to lift skid in truck, back up and lower. But lowering tilted load forward and it could slip off. Weight was over 1,000 lbs. and I knew I couldn't curl or it would dump in road. I drove up driveway( hill going up). And slowly lowered at top of hill. Never curled load

Last edited:
   / CT2025 loader function valve anomaly? #3  
With some practice I've found I can get the loader to do two functions at the same time. I've noticed more than once, with a load on the forks, if I try to curl (rollback) and lift at the same time, the loader will actually dump. This confuses me and I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this? I haven't seen this happen with no load on, but then again I'm usually not trying to gently and precisely curl and lift with no load.

Your loader's valve isn't piloted. Meaning that you might be able to feather the valve body and pretend you're doing two functions at once, but what is really going on is fluid will always go the function with the least resistance if two valves are open at once. Piloted valves will always push some fluid into that second function making it way, way easier to work two functions at once.

Last edited: