ct235

/ ct235 #21  
I called the closest two Bobcat dealers to me and spoke to the service department people. Both gentlemen had no guess as to my problem. The last one stated I might call Kioti so I am waiting for a return call from there national help line to give me their nearest dealer. My google search isn't working to find their dealer near me.

Wonderful support from Bobcat. That is just bad in my opinion.

MoKelly

/ ct235 #22  
Post this question over in the hydraulics forum. I am sure someone there will figure it out. Did you find the hydro oil dip stick? Its below the fill tube to the left of the PTO housing at the rear of the unit. If you did was the level full?

/ ct235
Post this question over in the hydraulics forum. I am sure someone there will figure it out. Did you find the hydro oil dip stick? Its below the fill tube to the left of the PTO housing at the rear of the unit. If you did was the level full?

Yes, found it and the level is full and clean looking.

/ ct235 #24  
The MLS valve is what the knob under the seat controls. Sometimes they get something jammed in the valve. I told one guy to hit his with a dead blow hammer, lightly, and in his particular case it solved his issue, which I believe was the 3PH would not lower at all.

/ ct235
Going to sound fishy but this is my story and I'm sticking with it. I decided to go take my rotary mower off and did. After taking it off I went back to the garage. I loosened the upper and lower 3 point lever stops, worked the lever all the way up and down, sprayed penetrating oil down on what the parts list calls a clutch. The lever is pretty stiff, to stiff in my opinion so was thinking this might make it a little easier to use. I then cranked the tractor and the lift begin working up and down immediately. After working it numerous times I went out and put my finish mower on, set the stops for correct up and down height and begin to mow. I ran it at least 30 minutes and it worked flawlessly. Sure making me smile :D but at the same time I am a little concerned this could happen again. :confused3:

Best I can tell looking at the parts drawings and list the clutch I spoke of is there just for the purpose of putting drag on the lever in order to keep it from moving on it's own. I don't think it has anything to do with my problem although I am going to look into possibly loosening it off a little.

Thank you all for listening and ideas. I called a Kioti dealer and requested a mechanic call me back, they stated they would but haven't heard a word as of yet.

/ ct235 #26  
The old girl may have been a bit stiff from lack of use. To help us out, did you by this unit used from a dealer or private individual, and how many hours? Do you know what it was used for as type of previous use and maintenance?

If you do not know the maintenance history, I strongly suggest a full service. Yes it may be pricy, but well worth a clean bill of health and knowing where you start at.

MY CT 235 starts lift on the 3pt within 1/4 to 1/2 second of pushing the lever. Hope this helps and good luck from hear on out. Also check the screen in front of the radiator and you inner and outer air filters. (I blow my outer one out from time to time) Keep up on the lubrication schedule too. Folks are here to help

/ ct235
Bought it from a dealer selling mostly used equipment. Thinking about 1200 hours. No, I don't know history. The air filters look new. Radiator screen is spotless. Although the engine oil does look good I do plan on changing all fluids and filters before long. Still wanting to put a few hours on it to check for more bugs before going ahead.

I keep finding more grease zerks, I don't have anything showing me all the grease points. When looking through the parts drawings again last night I see the shaft going into the 3 point valve has a grease zerk. I will hit that this morning seeing if it might help in loosening the lift lever a little.

I have done quite a bit of reading on the forum about what hydraulic fluid to use. Seems to be quite a difference of opinions and also price. Having a Yanmar and following that forum for several years I have concluded the Tractor Supply, Super Tech brands seem to do fine with the straight gear or the power shift units. I know the Hydrastat is different so I am still weighing in on all the opinions before going forward.

Can year of manufacture be determined by s/n or any other way?

Thanks again for the warm welcome and advice. I am listening.

/ ct235
Probably getting tired of listening but just thought I would pass it on that the clutch on the 3 point lever has a bolt with a spring under it that tensions the clutch making for more or less drag on the control lever. I loosened off some and am much more pleased with the smoother action now. Lift continues to work properly.

/ ct235 #30  
Did you find the operators manual for your unit? It should be in the black box on the back of the seat. It has all the lubrication points shown in it. As for the TSC fluid, NO it is not correct if is the one I looked at the other day. You need the correct combo fluid this is for both hydraulic trans and the hydraulic system. Wall mart has a Shell product I believe. My Bobcat dealer is currently running a spring fluid and filter sale at 15% off. Their prices have been fair so far.

Have fun and be safe