ct235

/ ct235
I counted 1 shapanze 2 shapanze, etc and go to 6 before it moves. I am feeling my age. The parts list shows one oil for the transmission and one for the hydrastat and I know there are two filters. Found the rear end and I assume transmission dipstick at the rear and level is fine and fluid looks clean. I can't for the life of me find the dipstick or fill hole for the hydrastat. Any help for the old man? :confused3: I'll go back and browse drawings some more and maybe find it. I want to make sure the level is ok.

Back again, The different oil part numbers are just different container quantities. Again, my age factoring in. Now I am assuming both the hydrastat and the hydraulics use the same transmission reservoir but just go through different filters. Would I be correct in thinking the 3 point and loader fluids go through the filter that is under the floor closest to the loader controls and the hydrastat filter sticks through above the floor back of the right foot? If the 3 point and loader use the same pump and filter I certainly thing that rules out a plugged filter as my problem and the loader is fast. I know I am confusing, I apologize for that. :ashamed:

Last edited:
   / ct235 #12  
If I remember right The fill hole is underneath the vent in the back of the tractor. Looks like a filler tube with a hook shaped vent plug on top of it. And if memory serves me correctly also the dipstick at the back of the tractor is one in the same for the hydrostat transmission. Question if you throttle up does it react any quicker? I have never had that problem before. Someone with more knowledge than me will chime in soon I'm sure.

/ ct235
Yes, I found the dip stick and fill hole and think I understand now the hydrastat and hydraulics share the same fluid, just different filters. No, engine speed doesn't change the wait time.

/ ct235 #14  
Have you tried turning the silver knob directly below the seat? That controls the raising/lowering of the 3 point hitch ... slower or faster or not at all. Perhaps that is the issue.

Good luck.

MoKelly

/ ct235 #15  
Have you tried turning the silver knob directly below the seat? That controls the raising/lowering of the 3 point hitch ... slower or faster or not at all. Perhaps that is the issue.

Good luck.

MoKelly

No. The knob only controls lowering speed, not raise speed. There may be a problem with the MLS valve, but if the 3PH works as intended, why worry about a few seconds?

/ ct235
when cold this morning the start to lift time was 10 or 11 seconds. Not usable to me when using most any implement. could you define MLS valve an where it is located? Thanks.

I am waiting on a call back from our local Bobcat dealer service man. Anxious to see what he has to say.

/ ct235 #17  
I'm looking at the troubleshooting section of the service manual for your tractor. Is the hitch jerky while it's being raised?

/ ct235
I'm looking at the troubleshooting section of the service manual for your tractor. Is the hitch jerky while it's being raised?

No, not jerky, thanks for looking for me. It will pick up a heavy 5' mower with ease once it engages.

/ ct235
I called the closest two Bobcat dealers to me and spoke to the service department people. Both gentlemen had no guess as to my problem. The last one stated I might call Kioti so I am waiting for a return call from there national help line to give me their nearest dealer. My google search isn't working to find their dealer near me.

/ ct235 #20  
You're welcome there is nothing listed that describes a delay in lift. I can see where that would be very frustrating. The only thing that I can think of would be infiltration of air into the system somewhere but I am at a loss of how to remove it if that is the problem. I wonder if it would work it's way out with use if air is the culprit. Good luck either way keep us posted.