Cub Cadet 129 PROBLEMS!! HELP PLEASE!!

/ Cub Cadet 129 PROBLEMS!! HELP PLEASE!! #1  

Smitrock5

Tractor
Cub Cadet 129
I just bought a 129 Cubby that is in GREAT shape. I attached the mower deck yesterday and started mowing. When I first started...I would push the little hydro/gas lever forward to move and the lever would go about an inch before the tractor started moving. By the end of my day of mowing, I would have to move the lever almost all the way up (as fast as it would go) and it only moved at about half speed at best. Has anyone else ever had this problem? And if so...what do i do??????? Thanks guys..any help would be greatly appreciated!!
J

Last edited:
   / Cub Cadet 129 PROBLEMS!! HELP PLEASE!! #2  
check fluid and check the trunion mechanism on the side of the hydro for wear. See the other Cub 129 post in this forum for the link to IhRegistry.com trunion repair photos. The slot should look even and straight. If you see wear, that could be the problem.

/ Cub Cadet 129 PROBLEMS!! HELP PLEASE!! #3  
Are you sure your set screw that holds the lever is not backed off and the lever slipping ? I know for me it would never be something this simple. Oh when I tried to remove mine previous owner had stacked set screws one on top of the other i almost broke the lever before I figured it out. If you haven't changed the hydro fluid and filter recently that would be the next check.

/ Cub Cadet 129 PROBLEMS!! HELP PLEASE!! #4  
Great advice given so far.
When was trans. fluid last change,also do that model have hyd. trans. filter.
Do the cadet have traveling lever/rod,maybe lever/rod not in proper place.

/ Cub Cadet 129 PROBLEMS!! HELP PLEASE!! #5  
This model does have a spin on Hyd filter.

/ Cub Cadet 129 PROBLEMS!! HELP PLEASE!! #6  
Dex.
"This model does have a spin on Hyd filter."

Might be filter needs changing..clogging??

/ Cub Cadet 129 PROBLEMS!! HELP PLEASE!! #7  
Yea that is what I would check first.