Buying Advice CX 2510 or CK2510 (Maybe B2301)

/ CX 2510 or CK2510 (Maybe B2301) #11  
I am following this, as I am in Canada making the same decision here. So please, report back on what you end up getting, and for bonus marks DM me the deal you get :)! What province are you in? I am in SK, but we just bought land in Maritimes near my wife's family, and are moving there at the end of June. I am tempted to pop over to AB and pick it up, and then haul it out there when we move. If I end up paying $30k with all the implements, I'd save $3k in taxes by doing that... though I'd spend a $1000 getting it out there, and have to buy a trailer too...

Anyway, it is good to know the pricing others here are getting.

I know the extra weight is generally good, but I am a little worried about how much more of an impact the Kioti will have on my lawn with the extra 600lbs.

Let me know what you got.
I am located in Ontario. I just bought a 2021 Kioti CX2510MB (Manual transmission) paid $21K Cdn Plus tax this included the KL2510C FEL, block heater, two rear remotes and R4 tires. I did not take the 0% financing option so the FEL was included in the price. I also purchased a Meteor 60 inch pull type snow blower. Good luck.

/ CX 2510 or CK2510 (Maybe B2301) #12  
I'm leaning towards the kioti, but do have some hesitations over reliability/ brand over kubota but paying more for less doesn't seem ideal.
Primary factor in tractor reliability is owner/operator prudence.

Prudence in operating within design parameters of the tractor model.

Prudence in performing tractor maintenance on schedule.

Korean manufacturing labor is paid about 20% less than Japanese manufacturing labor.

Kubota has 50% (+/-) market share of compact tractor sales in USA. Kioti has < 2% of compact tractor sales in USA but gaining, as are other Korean tractor brands. I speculate that all Korean tractor brands combined, including Rural King, Bobcat, Mahindra compacts etc. private labels, may have 6% - 8% of compact tractor sales in USA.

Kubota is a national brand in the USA. After Kubota, John Deere and Massey-Ferguson other tractor brands are regional brands, struggling to establish stable dealerships throughout the USA. "Piggyback" private label deals are one method to gain exposure to tractor consumers where a brand does not have direct representation. Private label agreements, however, are usually unstable considered in ten year time segments.

Kubota and Kioti purportedly make almost all tractor components in their own plants. Other brands purportedly buy considerable components from outside suppliers.

Kioti provides excellent competition for Kubota.

Last edited:
   / CX 2510 or CK2510 (Maybe B2301) #13  
Kubota has 50% (+/-) market share of compact tractor sales in USA. Kioti has < 2% of compact tractor sales in USA but gaining, as are other Korean tractor brands. I speculate that all Korean tractor brands combined, including Rural King, Bobcat, etc. private labels, may have 6% of compact tractor sales in USA.

Kubota is a national brand in the USA. After Kubota, John Deere and Massey-Ferguson other tractor brands are regional brands, struggling to establish stable dealerships throughout the USA. "Piggyback" private label deals are one method to gain exposure to tractor consumers where a brand does not have direct representation. Private label agreements, however, are usually unstable considered in ten year time segments.
Jeff, just curious, where does New Holland fall into your thinking? I thought they were a national brand and pretty popular in the US. As you can see, we operate a Massey Ferguson and really like the machine. Our dealer is also a New Holland dealer and he seems to sell more New Holland than he does Massey. That is why I am curious.

/ CX 2510 or CK2510 (Maybe B2301) #14  
I have never seen a New Holland tractor in north Florida.

I have never seen a compact New Holland, which are made by another producer but badged and painted for New Holland, nor one of the Utility Class and heavier New Holland tractors actually made by New Holland.

Therefore I consider New Holland a regional brand. North Florida is a strong tractor market and every manufacturer who is able has dealerships here. And North Florida produces considerable amounts of commercial hay, hay production being somewhat of a New Holland specialty.

I have Kubota, Deere, Mahindra, LS and Branson dealers within twenty miles. Rural King, Kioti and Massey-Ferguson a little farther out.

Last edited:
   / CX 2510 or CK2510 (Maybe B2301) #15  
Thank you Jeff.. was just curious. Not in the market for a new machine. They do have New Holland compact tractors on the lot. They have lots of the big boys there also.

My last trip there, they were repairing a big boy. The tractor was split to have the tranny refitted and a new clutch. The weekend warrior, with whom I can relate, thought he knew all things, took his brand new machine that cost him big bucks, did something stupid and tore up the tranny and clutch. Machine did not have 25 hours on it. The techs were just shaking their heads...

Why is it that we weekend warrior kind of farmers think we know things? I spend a lot of time here because I need to accumulate knowledge. The more I learn, the less likely I will kill myself in what I am doing to maintain the 210 acres we have to maintain.

Thanks again Jef... appreciate your experience and knowledge - but mostly your willingness to share you experience in concise and clear ways.

/ CX 2510 or CK2510 (Maybe B2301) #16  
Thank you Jeff.. was just curious. Not in the market for a new machine. They do have New Holland compact tractors on the lot. They have lots of the big boys there also.

My last trip there, they were repairing a big boy. The tractor was split to have the tranny refitted and a new clutch. The weekend warrior, with whom I can relate, thought he knew all things, took his brand new machine that cost him big bucks, did something stupid and tore up the tranny and clutch. Machine did not have 25 hours on it. The techs were just shaking their heads...

Why is it that we weekend warrior kind of farmers think we know things? I spend a lot of time here because I need to accumulate knowledge. The more I learn, the less likely I will kill myself in what I am doing to maintain the 210 acres we have to maintain.

Thanks again Jef... appreciate your experience and knowledge - but mostly your willingness to share you experience in concise and clear ways.
The size of a tractor mentioned in the topic might not be a fit for your property.

/ CX 2510 or CK2510 (Maybe B2301) #17  
Have you seen these?

willy

waiting on my Yanmar YT235C

/ CX 2510 or CK2510 (Maybe B2301) #18  
I am located in Ontario. I just bought a 2021 Kioti CX2510MB (Manual transmission) paid $21K Cdn Plus tax this included the KL2510C FEL, block heater, two rear remotes and R4 tires. I did not take the 0% financing option so the FEL was included in the price. I also purchased a Meteor 60 inch pull type snow blower. Good luck.
I believe you purchased a great tractor. The Kubota has that lever go pedal for forward and reverse (do not like them). I have an old New Holland TC30 which is a great tractor and still running strong but unfortunately they are not making the high quality tractors they use to make, or I would buy another. The only issue with it is that it is a 2 wheel...Looking to purchase another this year and looking at the Kioti CX2510.

Last edited:
   / CX 2510 or CK2510 (Maybe B2301) #19  
I believe you purchased a great tractor. The Kubota has that lever go pedal for forward and reverse (do not like them). I have an old New Holland TC30 which is a great tractor and still running strong but unfortunately they are not making the high quality tractors they use to make, or I would buy another. The only issue with it is that it is a 2 wheel...Looking to purchase another this year and looking at the Kioti CX2510.
I was at the dealer yesterday buying a ballast box and all the tractors are sold, he had about 4 CX2510's on the lot that were sold and he said they are very popular. He is expecting a $2-$3K price jump across the tractor lines very shortly as productions costs are rising so if you find one you had best move on it.
The manual model lacks some of the features listed in the brochure like the 12v and usb plugs, cruise control and cup holder. The dealer says that the manual model has more pulling power then the HST model, in our cold climate he also said that it can take up to 20 minutes for the tractor HST to completely warm up else it is very sluggish, for those reasons I went with the manual. Good luck

/ CX 2510 or CK2510 (Maybe B2301) #20  
Yeah the difference between a 2601 and 2650 here was like 1000. very similar tractor though. The 2650 for the money is definitely worth purchasing over the 2601 though
For 2021 Kubota replaced the B2650 with the LX2610