CX2510 No Start - SOLVED

/ CX2510 No Start - SOLVED #1  

iptman

Gold Member
Tractor
Scag Tiger Cat, 61", Kioti CX2510
Hello everyone,

I was moving my CX2510 HST yesterday and it started briefly for about 2 seconds and then died. Turning the key does not engage the starter although I do see the dash and gauges light up as usual. I called the dealer and they said I could jump the starter to fire it up. I tried that and couldn't get it to start. The engine cranks but doesn't fire up. Are all the safety switches (seat/clutch) only on the starter circuit or do all those still need to be working in order for it to fire up? Any other tips or suggestions would be appreciated.

/ CX2510 No Start - SOLVED #2  

TugBarge

Bronze Member
Tractor
MF35, MF230, MF2670, Ford 2000
If you are jumping across the starter, the safety switches do not need to be working - the safety module can be faulty and still start the tractor via starter jumping.
Usually when safety modules or switches are bad, you won't get a crank at all.

/ CX2510 No Start - SOLVED #3  

Robin Veerman

Platinum Member
Tractor
2014 Kioti CK30HST
I think they would, but I’m not certain. What if you have someone sitting in the seat when you jump the starter? Also it’s possible that a relay is malfunctioning so check those. How many hours on the tractor? Is it stored out of the elements? Keep us posted

/ CX2510 No Start - SOLVED
OP
I

iptman

Gold Member
Tractor
I think they would, but I’m not certain. What if you have someone sitting in the seat when you jump the starter? Also it’s possible that a relay is malfunctioning so check those. How many hours on the tractor? Is it stored out of the elements? Keep us posted

85 hours on the tractor, stored in a barn. I was sitting on the tractor with the clutch and brake depressed, transmission in neutral. My son did the starter jumping.

OP
I

iptman

Gold Member
Tractor
If you are jumping across the starter, the safety switches do not need to be working - the safety module can be faulty and still start the tractor via starter jumping.
Usually when safety modules or switches are bad, you won't get a crank at all.

So I assume that means there's a fuel cut solenoid to shut the tractor off?

/ CX2510 No Start - SOLVED #6  

LS Tractor Owner

Tractor
LS XG3025 TLB, Previously MT125 TLB, Craftsman GTS6500
Yes, there is a fuel cut off solenoid. You should here a "click" when the key is turned on / off.

/ CX2510 No Start - SOLVED #7  

TugBarge

Bronze Member
Tractor
Last edited:
OP
I

iptman

Gold Member
Tractor
I called the dealer service department today. He told me if I ran the glow plugs for 30 seconds and jumped the starter it'd fire right up. Anyone want to guess if this worked? 🙄

/ CX2510 No Start - SOLVED #9  

TugBarge

Bronze Member
Tractor
I called the dealer service department today. He told me if I ran the glow plugs for 30 seconds and jumped the starter it'd fire right up. Anyone want to guess if this worked? 🙄
Are you getting anything at all when you jump starter? Or no crank?

OP
I

iptman

Gold Member
Tractor
It cranks, does not fire up. Seems like a fueling issue but I don't know where to begin on verifying things there.