Cyclone Rake Bagger

/ Cyclone Rake Bagger #1  

walker450

Platinum Member
Tractor
M5040, BX25D, F2880, ZD1211, GR2120
I bought a slightly used Cyclone Rake Z10. My main reason for using it is to collect grass clippings and spread them out on bare spots to help rebuild the soil and spread seeds. I was a little skeptical at first, but I must say I am quite impressed after using it for a few hours.

I had to make a custom bracket to connect to my BX mowing deck. The hitch pins to a piece of angle iron bolted to a 3 point hitch bar. The cut height was too high with the 3 point lowered to the level position for the cyclone rake, so I added some spacers to the lift arm which allows the deck to stay higher when the 3 point is at the level point.

I plan to make videos when time allows. If anyone has any questions let me know!

Attachments

• 20230531_210644.jpg
    20230531_210644.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 73
  • 20230531_210838.jpg
    20230531_210838.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 71
  • 20230531_210653.jpg
    20230531_210653.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 71
  • 20230531_210705.jpg
    20230531_210705.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 67
  • 20230531_210731.jpg
    20230531_210731.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 70
   / Cyclone Rake Bagger #2  
I did something similar with mine but set it up so everything pinned on so I can quickly take it off to use my trailer mover/drawbar. I have an independent lift, so no concerns about 3 point and deck height.

IMG_2566.JPG

/ Cyclone Rake Bagger
Video of it in action below... this thing is a real PITA to dump if it is 3/4 or more full of grass clippings. I found out the hard way. I left it all in the video so anyone searching about these in the future could see it.id like to have a lever like the Grasshopper dump hoppers, but I doubt I'll be using it often enough to justify the time and money involved in a rebuild of the Hopper assembly.

/ Cyclone Rake Bagger #4  
It is really heavy to dump, especially with grass clippings. I try not to let mine get completely full before I dump it if I'm collecting anything but really dry leaves. Looking at the video, do you have the prop rod installed? If you prop it up before you drive forward, a lot of things will just slide out. I make long rows and then pile it up with the loader.

Of course, Cyclone Rake does sell the power lift if you want to spend $300. When I get a few years older, I may invest it the upgrade.

/ Cyclone Rake Bagger #5  
Considering how packed that bin was, it didn't seem too difficult to dump it.
A Cyclone Rake had been on my list for a long time, mostly for leaf cleanup, and the occasional overgrown lawn.
Thanks for the video!

/ Cyclone Rake Bagger
Okay, huge face palm moment. The lift arm was pinned in the down position by the previous owner. I glanced at it and thought it was a brace. Thanks Kenny!

I pinned the lift rod up and ran it for about an hour, filling up 3 times to the 3/4 ish level, much much easier and faster to dump. I removed the video and will get new footage and re-upload so I'm not misrepresenting the product.

/ Cyclone Rake Bagger #7  
Don't fret about it, we all have "duh" moments and some memories are slow to float up to the top of the noggin.

Looking forward to the new video.

/ Cyclone Rake Bagger #8  
Walker I had the same machine as yours for many years, I believe mine had the Briggs engine and I pulled it with a cub cadet zero turn mower and it had the double wheels.
Our old property had over 200 large oak trees and the darn leaves could get 2' thick if you didn't pick them up.
We had a drop off on the edge of the property that was 15' deep and over the years I filled it to the brim with leaves using the cyclone vac.
Oak leaves take years to brake down and are very acidic. Also that Briggs engine would always start right up, even after sitting for 10 months.
Our new property has zero oak trees

/ Cyclone Rake Bagger
"Our new property has zero oak trees" lol you took care of that issue!!

I have been impressed with how good this 10hp Briggs starts as well.

I took some video today, just need to get it uploaded, will post here when it's up.

/ Cyclone Rake Bagger #10  
We've had ours for 4 years now and it's a necessary part of our land work flow now. I don't know what I'd do without it.

Pickup grass in the summer and leaves in the fall and mound it all into a giant pile. Scrape out creeping charlie with the landscape rake in spring and summer and add all that to the pile. Cover with a tarp. Turn every month or so. Water every week or so. Every year, we have a huge mound of delicious compost. Couldn't do it without the CR.