Daily Driver 1994 F-350 4x4 Cummins Powered Flatbed

/ Daily Driver 1994 F-350 4x4 Cummins Powered Flatbed #31  
Are you sure the Riviera was Cummins powered? They made a diesel version for a couple of years.

Yep, it was a Cummins. Talked to the guy for a bit. He said he did the swap on a bet about ten years ago. He won :D

He said it was getting over twenty-five mpg...even rollin' the coal here and there.

/ Daily Driver 1994 F-350 4x4 Cummins Powered Flatbed #32  
Let me ask you something: When you tabbed yours did you use locktight or a lock washer (or equivalent) on the bolt?

-Mills
If memory serves, I used both Lock Tite and a lock washer. I am also thinking I had picked up a slightly longer grade 8 bolt. This is a good time to purchase a 1/4 inch drive micro torque wrench if you don't have one.

I don't follow any of the Dodge Cummins websites these days. There used to be plenty of info on both the tab and the screw through the housing method.

/ Daily Driver 1994 F-350 4x4 Cummins Powered Flatbed
Nice! I was thinking you might be able to make a good buck by buying late model 6.0 PS powered Fords that had "issues' at distressed goods prices and stuffing a Cummins in it. Anyone know what the "Cummins into a Ford kits" go for?
Im sure if you had done it a couple times and knew how to cut your costs, money could be made.

"They" say you'll spend 10-15 thousand to convert a modern vehicle such as a ford truck to a cummins.

That seems a bit rich to me, Is that maybe what a conversion company would charge you to do it. Ive priced top shelf parts for 12 valve conversions for older trucks off and on for the past two years and you could easily do it for a little over 7 thousand.

Yep, it was a Cummins. Talked to the guy for a bit. He said he did the swap on a bet about ten years ago. He won :D

He said it was getting over twenty-five mpg...even rollin' the coal here and there.

Thats Pretty awesome, cummins powered car would be pretty great.

If memory serves, I used both Lock Tite and a lock washer. I am also thinking I had picked up a slightly longer grade 8 bolt. This is a good time to purchase a 1/4 inch drive micro torque wrench if you don't have one.

I don't follow any of the Dodge Cummins websites these days. There used to be plenty of info on both the tab and the screw through the housing method.

Thank you for your response. Ill already picked on up, had a friend of the family who was a machinist and was retiring so my dad and I bought out a bunch of his old stuff. The one I got was a 1/4 drive snapon, like new still in the plastic case, $15

Well I put it on the road today:

Weighted tags, tax and Title transfer, $292.50
county sticker, $10.50
Insurance Transfer, $2.00
State inspection (with tip), $20.00

Cruising with my aviators on my hometown in a ridiculous, loud daily driver: Priceless :)

But back to business, Im walking in the graduation ceremony for my bachelors degree tomorrow so after that its killer dowel pin and turning the smoke and fuel down to a less insane level.

-Mills

/ Daily Driver 1994 F-350 4x4 Cummins Powered Flatbed #35  

county sticker, $10.50

Cruising with my aviators on my hometown in a ridiculous, loud daily driver: Priceless :)

But back to business, Im walking in the graduation ceremony for my bachelors degree tomorrow so after that its killer dowel pin and turning the smoke and fuel down to a less insane level.

-Mills

Glad to hear you're having fun with that great looking truck!

/ Daily Driver 1994 F-350 4x4 Cummins Powered Flatbed #36  

county sticker, $10.50

-Mills

Congrats, whats your degree in?

Glad to hear you're having fun with that great looking truck!

Yeah sure am after I got it tuned up its running like a scalded dog now.

Congrats, whats your degree in?

Thank You! Majors Were in Agriculture and Applied Economics, and Crop and Soil Environmental Systems.

What Im now working on for a Masters and Agriculture and Extension Education.

-Mills

Well if anyone cares I thought id post some of the latest pictures i had here on my computer.

Ive put it to work hauling scrap metal and hay just about everyday now, Ive. been try to get a small load of scrap in every time i9ve got to run to town so I can make this beast pay for itself, so far so good.

Latest Mods on it have been New sides all the way around fixing small squeaks and rattles and other small jobs.

Ive also been researching a seat swap and a couple other things to make the interior a nicer place to be in.

Enjoy, Questions or comments are greatly appreciated.

-Mills
2012-05-17 13.38.38.jpg
2012-05-14 17.54.15.jpg
The new tonner, and the old.
2012-05-14 12.50.23.jpg
First load I pulled on the trailer with it, Something like 1,200 pounds of wire on my trailer i built.

/ Daily Driver 1994 F-350 4x4 Cummins Powered Flatbed #39  
I love this truck, overall it just has a great appearance, bullet proof engine and usable bed. :thumbsup:

/ Daily Driver 1994 F-350 4x4 Cummins Powered Flatbed #40  
I love this truck, overall it just has a great appearance, bullet proof engine and usable bed. :thumbsup:

If it's a 12 valve they are not bulletproof. Just better than most.