Dead Deer

/ Dead Deer #21  
I don't see how the state could expect disabled people to track a deer.

By definition, disabled means: "having a physical or mental condition that limits movements, senses, or activities.

Is the state just plain wrong?

I watch a lot of hunting on TV. Jackie Bushman is big into doing things for people of all ages with disabilities, wounded veterans, etc. All the shows I've seen they always have someone and sometimes more than one person with them to help them. It's amazes me what people with disabilities can do when they set their mind to it.

Here's a great story about Jackie's lifehunt program
https://www.montgomeryadvertiser.co...lifehunt-provides-lifetime-memories/97209724/

/ Dead Deer #22  
I don't see how the state could expect disabled people to track a deer.

By definition, disabled means: "having a physical or mental condition that limits movements, senses, or activities.

Is the state just plain wrong?

A disabled person should probably put the bow down and get a rifle.

/ Dead Deer #23  
A disabled person should probably put the bow down and get a rifle.

What makes someone disabled that they should put the bow down and get a rifle? Because they aren't the same as you or I? We can't judge what someone should or shouldn't use, we as humans set our own limits.

Here's a man with no arms shooting a bow.
On Target: Shooting Arrows Without Arms - YouTube

/ Dead Deer #24  
IMO it's ludicrous to even think about someone incapable of recovering game due to a disability hunting without a capable companion...
A disability does not remove responsibility...

/ Dead Deer #25  
...Personally I think an archer should be have to prove they can regularly hit inside a paper plate at 40 yards +/- before they are issued a license...

I won't shoot over 20. I love to bow hunt, but I spend a whole lot more time just watching the animals. A perfect day ends for me, climbing out of the stand 30 minutes after sunset, pouring a drink at the cabin with no game to clean. But don't get me wrong, I love my venison too.

/ Dead Deer #26  
What makes someone disabled that they should put the bow down and get a rifle? Because they aren't the same as you or I? We can't judge what someone should or shouldn't use, we as humans set our own limits.

Here's a man with no arms shooting a bow.
On Target: Shooting Arrows Without Arms - YouTube

If they can’t track the deer as mentioned above they should probably start with bringing someone to help or at least use a weapon more likely to produce a clean kill.

/ Dead Deer #27  
If they can’t track the deer as mentioned above they should probably start with bringing someone to help or at least use a weapon more likely to produce a clean kill.

Who said they don't? How did this get to being about disabled hunters and taking a test to get a hunting license? It's about a dead deer with an arrow in it and it's all speculation at this point. Thread derailed sooner than expected, lol.

I've lost deer with a bow and arrow, have had them run off with my arrow in them and never found them. I've shot deer with a rifle and tracked them half a mile and never found them. It happens.

/ Dead Deer #28  
Who said they don't? How did this get to being about disabled hunters and taking a test to get a hunting license? It's about a dead deer with an arrow in it and it's all speculation at this point. Thread derailed sooner than expected, lol.

I've lost deer with a bow and arrow, have had them run off with my arrow in them and never found them. I've shot deer with a rifle and tracked them half a mile and never found them. It happens.

Well I’m guessing whoever shot this deer wasn’t disabled but I also wasn’t the one that suggested that idea.

/ Dead Deer #29  

FYI...the thread has not been derailed there pal...it's all about the perils of hunting as it applies to scenarios of lost game...
get a clue...!

BTW if "it happens" all that often you should consider refining what skill you have or find another sport...

/ Dead Deer #30  
FYI...the thread has not been derailed there pal...it's all about the perils of hunting as it applies to scenarios of lost game...
get a clue...!

BTW if "it happens" all that often you should consider refining what skill you have or find another sport...

I’m doing alright in the deer category, thanks for your concern though. Just for the record these are all North Carolina bucks taken within a few miles of each other.
In order they were taken with, bow, rifle, bow, rifle, bow, rifle, rifle, muzzle loader.
IMG_0738.JPG
IMG_1020.JPG
IMG_1021.JPG
IMG_1022.JPG
IMG_3566.JPG
IMG_1361.JPG
IMG_1746.JPG
IMG_1023.JPG