Dead Deer

/ Dead Deer #11  
This time of year, probably a poacher. AKA scumbag.

Not in Kansas...

Kansas 2019 DEER SEASON DATES:
Youth and Disability Season: Sept. 7 - Sept. 15
Early Muzzleloader Season: Sept. 16 - Sept. 29, 2019
Archery Season: Sept. 16 - Dec. 31, 2019.....

/ Dead Deer
Thanks Gents,

Think I'll get 2-3 bags of lime to cover the animal. As big as that is, the smell could last several weeks. I thought about contacting some neighbors, but don't see much point in it. And it might cause me more lost time/trouble than it's worth.

Mike

/ Dead Deer #13  
I'd drag it out to where the vultures could get at it and let them feed for a few days. Then cover with lime if you still need to.

/ Dead Deer #15  
Did you look closely? Ethical/legal hunters are supposed to have their identifying information on their arrows. Yank that sucker out and see if there is a phone number and then call the fish and game dept

/ Dead Deer
I'd drag it out to where the vultures could get at it and let them feed for a few days. Then cover with lime if you still need to.

That's even better. I've seen what a dozen Vultures can do to a carcass after a few days....not a whole lot left.

/ Dead Deer #17  

That's even better. I've seen what a dozen Vultures can do to a carcass after a few days....not a whole lot left.

They've probably been circling the area, keeping an eye on it and waiting for it to get ripe.

/ Dead Deer #18  
Any ID on the arrow?
NH your name address on arrow that way hunter responsible even removing dead deer like in your case...or fish and game.

/ Dead Deer #19  
Kansas archery season looks like it's open from Sept 16-Dec 31. With youth and disabled seasons before that.... .

A poor shot leaves a poor blood trail so makes finding it much harder (and some people just don't really look very hard, (this) is just plain wrong but.....)

I don't see how the state could expect disabled people to track a deer.

By definition, disabled means: "having a physical or mental condition that limits movements, senses, or activities.

Is the state just plain wrong?

/ Dead Deer
I don't plan on going back there for a few days and will let you all know about the arrow. The buzzards are really busy out there this morning.:licking: 002.JPG

Last edited: