Deck over trailer for tractors

/ Deck over trailer for tractors #1  

sawtooth

Veteran Member
Tractor
Ford NAA, Ford 2810, Ford 3910-1, Ford 3910-2, Ford 4600SU, Massey 2660 HD, Massey 461, Grasshopper 725D, Grasshopper 900D
Gentlemen,

I’m looking at buying a new 22’ deckover to service our customers larger tractors and need some advice. Currently we are looking at trailers with 3’ dovetail designs and 60” ramps. Does anyone have experience with loading tractors with attachments like bushhogs and disk harrows etc onto deckovers? Reason I ask is they tend to drag when trying to get them up on the trailer. Should I consider a 4’ dovetail instead? Thank you.

/ Deck over trailer for tractors #2  
My Big Tex was a 5’ dovetail and it had the best ( least ) loading angel of any deck over I’ve used.

/ Deck over trailer for tractors
Ok thanks. So for the 3’ dovetail PJ I should walk away from it? They have it in stock so would be nice to take it and roll.

/ Deck over trailer for tractors #5  
My corn pro is 5' tail and 5' ramps

/ Deck over trailer for tractors #6  
22' tilting deck... some of my impliments will drag a touch if I'm parked level. I try to park nose downhill or backed up to a slope of some sort to minimize it. The little berm behind the trailer with the small backhoe on it is plenty. The roller on the back of the flail mower makes it mostly moot when I'm hauling the mower.

I miss my old low profile gravity tilting deck at times. It was nicer to load a tractor on with minimal deck angle. But no fenders or side rails for wide impliments (flail mower) & loading not the tractor is worth dealing with the extra deck angle. 20180618_122125.jpg20190401_113044.jpg

/ Deck over trailer for tractors #7  
22' tilting deck... some of my impliments will drag a touch if I'm parked level. I try to park nose downhill or backed up to a slope of some sort to minimize it. The little berm behind the trailer with the small backhoe on it is plenty. The roller on the back of the flail mower makes it mostly moot when I'm hauling the mower.

I miss my old low profile gravity tilting deck at times. It was nicer to load a tractor on with minimal deck angle. But no fenders or side rails for wide impliments (flail mower) & loading not the tractor is worth dealing with the extra deck angle.View attachment 606056View attachment 606057

I guess I may be the odd man out here, but I prefer the "equipment" style trailer for the lower center of gravity.

/ Deck over trailer for tractors #8  
I guess I may be the odd man out here, but I prefer the "equipment" style trailer for the lower center of gravity.

For purely hauling a tractor or other equipment the equipment trailer is better but for loading and securing a multitude of other things the deck over is better.

/ Deck over trailer for tractors #9  
For purely hauling a tractor or other equipment the equipment trailer is better but for loading and securing a multitude of other things the deck over is better.
I definitely agree. If it was only my tractor & I could balance it with the wide flail behind fenders, that would do it. But it's all the other random stuff.... IBC totes, lumber, HAM radio tower, pallets of random stuff. That's so much to load over the side.

/ Deck over trailer for tractors #10  
Have u considered a pierced frame deck over? The channel crossmembers go thru the I beam instead of on top it, floor boards end up flush with top of I beams. Lowers the deck height little over 4" which helps quite a bit. I've got a GN this way with the mega ramps. I'm also one who likes to keep the cog as low as possible. B