Deep frying

/ Deep frying #1  

Raul-02

Veteran Member
the armpit of the entire universe New Jersey
Tractor
kioti DK4710 SE HST CAB
I will switch to peanut oil for frying because it can take up to 450F and produce a crispier fry.
But once a while back I tried it and it smelled and tasted like peanuts.
So I wrote to LouAna this is their response and it is one hell of a response. I like what I read. Though they did incorrectly use the word "utilize." So I gotta ding them for grammer.

"All of our retail oils are refined, not pressed (also known as expeller-pressed or cold-pressed).

The “refining” process utilizes a mild lye/water solution to remove impurities in the unprocessed oil. These impurities cause unpleasant flavors and odors and lowers the overall stability. The lye solution binds with these impurities and forms soap, very similar to household soaps. The soap is heavier than the refined oil and is easily separated out.

Refining of oils is done in order to achieve a product that is uniform in taste, smell, and appearance, and has a longer shelf life. This process results in a stable product that is consistent from bottle to bottle.

Our refining process further involves bleaching (using natural clays, not hexane or chlorine) to remove impurities. The “bleaching” process is simply filtering the refined oil through natural clay to reduce color and improve the clarity. The bleached oil is further filtered through 1 micron sized cloth filters to remove even the smallest clay particles.

The oils are then deodorized (using steam) to remove negative attributes such as off flavors and odors. Lastly, the bleached oil is heated, under vacuum, resulting in a product that is free from any impurities. The result is a very stable, light-colored product suitable for any number of cooking, baking or household uses."

/ Deep frying
Use / Utilize are two different words; each with its own meaning.
Utilize connotes something off-label.
as In:
"I used my polled ax to drive the tent pegs."
vs
"I utilized my boot heel to drive the tent pegs."
Lots of people misuse the word utilize as if the extra syllables make them sound more intelligent. I think it makes them sound illiterate.

Sadly the lexicographers who make up the dictionaries will be (prolly already have) yielding to this bastardization of the language as they always do lately. In the last couple of decades, they seem to be in a mad rush to accommodate every bit of gutter trash and ignorance they possibly can in their mistaken belief that our colloquially driven language requires us to accommodate every ignorant illiterate misuse of the language that can be found.

We don't have an official language. So it changes but the changes the lexicographers are so over eager to accept are all from the least educated parts of the nation they can find.
So, thanks to the dictionaries, our language is being destroyed by two groups (1) the least educated of people and (2) the Woke.

/ Deep frying #5  
We have been using an Air Fryer for the last year.

Name is really a misnomer because an Air Fryer is actually a countertop convection oven.

The Air Fryer cooks French Fries, Tater Tots and Waffle Fries 90% as delectable as deep frying with minimal fat. Also terrific for all types of sausage. Creates a nice crust on sausage in 15 minutes. We also like floured, bone in chicken breasts. Giant bone in chicken breasts air fry in 25-35 minutes. All frozen ready-to-cook shrimp preparations also delicious.

Skinless, boneless, chicken breasts are too thin, therefore tend to dry out.

Last edited:
   / Deep frying #6  
Use / Utilize are two different words; each with its own meaning.
Utilize connotes something off-label.
as In:
"I used my polled ax to drive the tent pegs."
vs
"I utilized my boot heel to drive the tent pegs."
Lots of people misuse the word utilize as if the extra syllables make them sound more intelligent. I think it makes them sound illiterate.

Sadly the lexicographers who make up the dictionaries will be (prolly already have) yielding to this bastardization of the language as they always do lately. In the last couple of decades, they seem to be in a mad rush to accommodate every bit of gutter trash and ignorance they possibly can in their mistaken belief that our colloquially driven language requires us to accommodate every ignorant illiterate misuse of the language that can be found.

We don't have an official language. So it changes but the changes the lexicographers are so over eager to accept are all from the least educated parts of the nation they can find.
So, thanks to the dictionaries, our language is being destroyed by two groups (1) the least educated of people and (2) the Woke.
We know some people look down their nose at others but you are the first I've seen go out of their way to make it public. Now that's strange.

/ Deep frying
I guess I'm ignorant, gutter trash that is evidently educated beyond my intelligence. Personally I would have typed "use" simply because it's shorter and I hate typing but....

u·ti·lize
/ˈyo͞odlˌīz/
Learn to pronounce

verb

1. make practical and effective use of.​
didn't I tell you? You do know what the word Connote means - - - yes?

/ Deep frying #8  
We have been using an Air Fryer for the last year.

Name is really a misnomer because an Air Fryer is actually a countertop convection oven.

Cooks French Fries, Tater Tots and Waffle Fries 90% as delectable as deep frying. Also terrific for all types of sausage. Creates a nice crust on sausage in 15 minutes. We also like floured, bone in chicken breasts. Giant bone in chicken breast air fry in 25-35 minutes. Boneless, skinless chicken breasts are too thin, therefore tend to dry out.
cooking sweet and white potatoes in them instead of baking in the oven turns out very good as well.

/ Deep frying
We know some people look down their nose at others but you are the first I've seen go out of their way to make it public. Now that's strange.
Language may be the single greatest defining element of our culture. America English is easily the most flexible and able language on the planet seconded only by Cantonese. Destroying the language is something that really chaps my ass. Unless one merits sympathy, due to mental disability, one shouldn't have any trouble mastering one's native tongue, one's language.

What else besides sloth and indolence might be the reason for failure to master one's native tongue?

Take for example:
If you are putting your PTO shaft on your tractor and some guy tells you that you have neglected to engage the spline lock. Say for this example, you never have because you didn't know about the lock.
Do you become angry with that guy for lording it over you and daring to tell you something you didn't know?

Why then become angry when your grammar, spelling, syntax, or word usage is corrected?

But let's go back and look at the two paragraphs that seem to have enraged you so:
I was talking about the habit of lexicographers stooping to the lowest depths of the gutter they can find.
I was bitching up a storm about the Lexicographers who for decades basked in the patina of authoritative expert status as every single elementary school teacher instructed us to "look it up." Thus imparting onto our forming minds the FALSE notion that the dictionary is an authority on anything.
It is not it is the work of people who have no authority but of late have developed a "Woke" penchant for digging up the worse bastardizations of the language they can find and incorporating them into their work.

And you thought I was talking about you. Man, you missed that one by a country mile.

Last edited:
   / Deep frying #10  
Highly processed seed oils are so bad for you. The fat polymers are almost like plastic after they refine them.

Butter and lard are much better for you...if you need a high temp oil, use avacado oil. The good stuff, not the cheap cut stuff.

My god, I sound like the old lady.