deere l110 replacement engine

/ deere l110 replacement engine #1  

brucew6char

I have a 2005 deere l110 mower that has a worsening vibration in the engine. I'm trying to determine if it's possible to get a replacement engine. I currently have a kohler cv491s and it is not longer available. engines that have been suggested are

Kohler 5400 Series KS590 19 HP 541cc​

or

Briggs & Stratton Vertical Engine 19 HP 540cc​

The supplier says the fit might be tight, especially on the rear of the new engine. Has any one used either of these engines? done an engine swap using any other engines. Kohler has a slightly larger 22 hp engine that is a 2 cylinder that i would prefer if it would fit with only slight modifications and with my existing hood. thanks for any comments.

/ deere l110 replacement engine #2  
They put the Briggs twin, Kohler Command twin in that same chassis. You will need another muffler, throttle choke control but it will be a much better engine than the little Briggs single. Too many of these have problems. So you compare what you need to by looking up an L120 (Briggs) or L130 (Kohler)

/ deere l110 replacement engine
thanks - i remember seeing the twin kohler at homedepot and wondering if it would fit. i will give it a try

/ deere l110 replacement engine #4  
Would it not be better to know what is causing the vibration ?

If the engine is running good and there is no knocking sound from it, maybe it's just a bunch of dirt, grass, mouse nest in the flywheel causing an imbalance.

Or it could be that the mounting bolts are loose.

Richard

/ deere l110 replacement engine
Would it not be better to know what is causing the vibration ?

If the engine is running good and there is no knocking sound from it, maybe it's just a bunch of dirt, grass, mouse nest in the flywheel causing an imbalance.

Or it could be that the mounting bolts are loose.

Richard
Thanks Richard001 - I didn't remember getting a notice that there was an update to my post. I had done all the obvious checks. Then I noticed a large puddle of oil under the engine