Deere new models

/ Deere new models #1  

turbo36

Veteran Member
Tractor
JD X739 AWS (3), 2016 Toolcat, JD 2038R
I see on the website Deere has two new models - 729 and 749 both are AWS and AWD! There isn't a lot of info out yet but it looks like they have assist motors in the front hubs for full time AWD, has anyone seen or demo'd these yet?

/ Deere new models #2  
turbo36 said:
I see on the website Deere has two new models - 729 and 749 both are AWS and AWD! There isn't a lot of info out yet but it looks like they have assist motors in the front hubs for full time AWD, has anyone seen or demo'd these yet?
I'd heard they were coming out with something like this, but i don't want to ask about the price after seeing the cost of their other x700s.:eek:

/ Deere new models #3  
LBrown59 said:
I'd heard they were coming out with something like this, but i don't want to ask about the price after seeing the cost of their other x700s.:eek:

The X729 (27 hp gas) with a 62" deck is $12,749
The X749 (24 hp diesel) with a 62" deck is $13,829

They are on the Configurator site .....

/ Deere new models #4  
sklunk said:
The X729 (27 hp gas) with a 62" deck is $12,749
The X749 (24 hp diesel) with a 62" deck is $13,829

They are on the Configurator site .....
Ouch !
Looks real expensive for a garden tractor .
At any rate that's to much money for A garden tractor.

/ Deere new models #5  
Just returned from Deere BTL in Florida. This is an impressive tractor. The hydrostatic front axle adjusts for tire rotation speed when turning. By doing this tire scuffing is virtually eliminated.

/ Deere new models #6  
LBrown59 said:
Ouch !
Looks real expensive for a garden tractor .
At any rate that's to much money for A garden tractor.

In 1979 I bought a new Deere 316 (leftover from 1978) It cost around $3000. My 1978 Ford F-150 cost around $4750. Figuring that a new similarly equiped Ford F-150 runs around $19,000- $20,000 the ratio is around the same, and the current Deere X-700 series offers more than the old 316 did, so yes I agree it's expensive, but you get one heck of a machine. Deere offers so many more choices in high end machines than they did in 1978-79.

/ Deere new models
eaglemrpaul said:
Just returned from Deere BTL in Florida. This is an impressive tractor. The hydrostatic front axle adjusts for tire rotation speed when turning. By doing this tire scuffing is virtually eliminated.

Did you get a chance to drive one? I'm under the impression that it is full time 4WD, is that true?

/ Deere new models #8  
bontai_Joe said:
In 1979 I bought a new Deere 316 (leftover from 1978) It cost around $3000. My 1978 Ford F-150 cost around $4750. Figuring that a new similarly equiped Ford F-150 runs around $19,000- $20,000 the ratio is around the same, and the current Deere X-700 series offers more than the old 316 did, so yes I agree it's expensive, but you get one heck of a machine. Deere offers so many more choices in high end machines than they did in 1978-79.
But 13000 and 14000 dollars is still way to much money
for a garden tractor especially when you can step up the ladder to more capable tractors for hundreds or thousands less:)

/ Deere new models #9  
These JDs are certainly decadent, especially for that kind of money. But, a 4WD 4WS machine like that, with the attachments that one can get for it, isn't matched by anyone else's product that I'm aware of. It'll store in a small space, cut grass almost as efficiently as a zero turn, plow deep snow in confined spaces, till and plow both small and large gardens, and run forever. What I like about it is 4WS AND 4WD, and has no roll bar to beat up my trees and shrubs. What I don't like (besides the price) is that with 4WS a loader isn't an option. I'm not sure what the ground clearance is with the 4WS, but I suspect it's not so good either. I'm still waiting on the 4WS/4WD with ground clearance that can take a loader.... Perhaps I should just give up and start looking at the articulated machines.

/ Deere new models #10  
LBrown59 said:
But 13000 and 14000 dollars is still way to much money
for a garden tractor especially when you can step up the ladder to more capable tractors for hundreds or thousands less:)

A Kubota GR is about the same thing for half the price.