Denver-area power company "locks" smart thermostats....

/ Denver-area power company "locks" smart thermostats.... #41  
Wanna bet? All they have to do is turn off your electric. They can control small grids at will. Or, in the case of Texas, they just shut down the entire state. Happened here when a record cold hit for over a week. I burned those soufflé lamps to keep from dying.
Yup.....I do wanna bet. No they can NOT control my thermostat.

I never said anything about shutting off power to the WHOLE house. Of course they can do that one way or another. And since we are talking about totally irrelevant things, ya know the water company can do the same thing to me as well if they so choose.

/ Denver-area power company "locks" smart thermostats.... #43  
''Hot Water Heater'' :ROFLMAO: Most water heaters heat cold incoming water.
As for me and my family, we use tankless
My water is preheated with geothermal, so I guess it would be a warm water heater. Why does anybody need to heat hot water?

/ Denver-area power company "locks" smart thermostats.... #44  
My water is preheated with geothermal, so I guess it would be a warm water heater. Why does anybody need to heat hot water?
I do it all the time. I take 140F and raise it to 180F. Every high temp commercial dishwasher must do that. Lol

/ Denver-area power company "locks" smart thermostats.... #45  
   / Denver-area power company "locks" smart thermostats.... #46  
Radioactive waste has gotten a bad rap from ill-informed people and bad movies. Technology has greatly improved the options for storage. Much of the expense is overcoming the ignorance and fear that people have. Nuclear material occurs naturally. Contrary to Hollywood imagery, it is not a liquid mess of rusty barrels glowing with green goo. New reactors can use material more efficiently and even use 'waste' as fuel. Returning the material deep into the ground is a viable method. Unfortunately, the opposition to doing so has thwarted most attempts. What we need is people to learn the truth and those who oppose for political purposes to be exposed for the charlatans they are.
That's probably true to a certain extent, i'm not an expert on radioactive stuff, but your point about using different fission process has some merit in that it uses some/a lot? of the radioactive products that get created, as fuel. I think back in the day, they called reactors that did that, "breeder" reactors. However the other parts that become radioactive because of neutron bombardment, i.e. the stainless steel support structures, have to be taken into account. Also take issue with your characterization of "returning" the material back into the ground as a bit white washy. I'm not saying that Hanford Nuclear Reservation is a model for storing radioactive materials, but they buried stuff into the ground and it's leaking into the Columbia river. I wish/hope fission produced electric power will be a viable source of electric power, but don't look to my back yard as a place to bury your radioactive material.

/ Denver-area power company "locks" smart thermostats.... #47  
Radioactive waste has gotten a bad rap from ill-informed people and bad movies. Technology has greatly improved the options for storage. Much of the expense is overcoming the ignorance and fear that people have. Nuclear material occurs naturally. Contrary to Hollywood imagery, it is not a liquid mess of rusty barrels glowing with green goo. New reactors can use material more efficiently and even use 'waste' as fuel. Returning the material deep into the ground is a viable method. Unfortunately, the opposition to doing so has thwarted most attempts. What we need is people to learn the truth and those who oppose for political purposes to be exposed for the charlatans they are.
The problem is Politicians seems to think nuclear waste will be taken care of by God. Know where the toxic waste from the 9/11 Attacks are buried. It is buried in the Nuclear Waste Site in Barnwell County S.C.

Most Nuclear waste generated today sits on nuclear generator sites because of a lack of a disposal facility.

One of the best description I have ever heard on nuclear waste came from a Hard headed Republican. “His statement was because one is so stupid they cannot identify and safety store nuclear waste they are also so dumb they cannot recognize others are not like them.”

While twiddle Dee and twiddle Dum fumble around our electric lights grow dimmer.

/ Denver-area power company "locks" smart thermostats.... #48  
Google "Cold Water Heater" and you get this.

Google "Hot Water Heater" and you get this.

/ Denver-area power company "locks" smart thermostats.... #49  
Familiar with geo thermal air conditioning systems. Never seen a geo thermal water heating system for a residence. Seems to me to be a very expensive way to obtain hot water for kitchen use, clothes washing and baths etc. A electrical water heater to me would be a more economical way to produce hot water.