/ Diagnostic port and diagnosis #1  

marineonemobile

Tractor
LS xg3032
Hi to start off I have a 2018 LS xg3032
I had the engine light slow flash and regen/exhaust fast flash that indicates dpf 100-140%

I removed dpf cleaned it and flushed it reinstalled and now I have regen/engine light fast flash indication 30 second shutdown.

Questions
1- is there or where is the diagnostic port location

2- can I buy a scan tool for this tractor

3- is there a way for me to clear codes without scanner

4-the dpf pressure sensor has 6 wires going into it however my sensor appears to only have 5 pins (one is just a nub, broken off? )

Any help is greatly appreciated

/ Diagnostic port and diagnosis #3  
On my 2016 New Holland Workmaster 33, I unscrew the plastic cover around my ignition key to expose the OBDII port. The plastic cover has 2 big screws you can remove with your fingers. BTW I tried disconnecting my battery to clear "safe mode" but it did not help. I just bought the ELM327 ODB scanner off of Amazon ($13.99) and a cable and will try to clear the code. I'll report back next week after I've had a chance to try it. BTW I bought the Chinese version of the NH EST computer and found out it does not work with our engine. I ended up sending the tool back. The Chinese OBD seller wrote this after dealing with my issue:

Last edited:
   / Diagnostic port and diagnosis #5  
Can someone confirm that the LS scanner tool from the previous post (www.lawntractorco.com) works with the LS XG3032 (aka NH Workmaster 33) which has the Shibaura motor? The Shibaura motor seems to be an outlier. I bought the China NH Service Tool and had to return it because it didn't work w/the Shibaura motor. I saw it on a different site (Autonumen.com) and was told from their technical support department that it does not work with the Shibaura motor.
The link above to the scanner tool references an LS G3033 which has a Mitsubishi motor.

Michael from www.lawntractorco.com confirmed that their LS scanner tool CANNOT reset the DPF soot level state.

Lastly, I cleaned the DPF myself last weekend and got to wondering what would happen if the DPF itself was left out of the canister? Anyone try that? Thx.

Last edited:
   / Diagnostic port and diagnosis
Does anyone know how to reset the soot level?

/ Diagnostic port and diagnosis
On my 2016 New Holland Workmaster 33, I unscrew the plastic cover around my ignition key to expose the OBDII port. The plastic cover has 2 big screws you can remove with your fingers. BTW I tried disconnecting my battery to clear "safe mode" but it did not help. I just bought the ELM327 ODB scanner off of Amazon ($13.99) and a cable and will try to clear the code. I'll report back next week after I've had a chance to try it. BTW I bought the Chinese version of the NH EST computer and found out it does not work with our engine. I ended up sending the tool back. The Chinese OBD seller wrote this after dealing with my issue:
Would you be able to post a picture of this?

/ Diagnostic port and diagnosis #8  
The two photos below are from my 2016 NH Workmaster 33 (same as LS XG3032). BTW I bought OBD2 converter cable "CAT Industrial Female to OBD2 Female Adapter (catobd2)" and it DOES NOT FIT.

Attachments

• IMG_2090.jpg
    IMG_2090.jpg
    214.9 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_2093.jpg
    IMG_2093.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 164
Last edited:
   / Diagnostic port and diagnosis #9  
Here's the one I bought that does plug into the port. See this thread too. The plug is unkeyed.

/ Diagnostic port and diagnosis #10  
The cable in your post is the "catobd2" which is what I purchased for my 2016 HW Workmaster 33 (same as LS XG3032). From the pin picture I posted above, the pins on a catobd2 adaptor are different than the 4 pins shown in my picture. Also, the catobd2 adaptor did not fit on my odb port.