Did the Covid shot make you cranky?

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Did the Covid shot make you cranky? #81  
It is impossible to get COVID from the vaccine. What you can get is your body’s reaction to COVID as if you had it (that’s the point right). This can range in symptoms from nothing to flu like stuff (aches, chills, fever, soreness, local rash/irritation of injection site). All normal.

Now with regards to being cranky....hey its the human body I suppose it can react in many ways. We are all a bit different, that’s the amazing thing about medicine.

I do appreciate this...I will use it with the wife after my second dose in case she tells me I am grumpy!

/ Did the Covid shot make you cranky? #82  
Very sore arm after first Moderna. When getting ready for the second shot, the nurse was very adamant about relaxing the arm. Think of your arm as jello, she said. Absolutely no soreness after second shot!🤷‍♂️

/ Did the Covid shot make you cranky? #83  
Gheez, Moss, that sounds AWFUL. So sorry you had to go through that. I didn’t even know until now that you could get chickenpox twice. I guess I had better get the shingles vaccine! And I also didn’t realize that you could get a vaccine for chickenpox!

At least I got the COVID-19 vaccine, back on March 20.

There are people that argue that if we humans go extinct, it will be from these little bugs.
Yeah, most "normal" people only get it once. Most people on here know I don't fit that description. :unsure: :cautious: :ROFLMAO:

/ Did the Covid shot make you cranky? #84  
One guy in a million doesn't get full protection from a vaccine & I can say "no way". One guy in a million wins a lottery jackpot and I can't wait to buy a ticket. Expectations vs reality.

btw, I don't like to put things in my body, especially man-made concoctions, but pork is better barbecued and beer tastes good. You guys are coming to my funeral, right?

/ Did the Covid shot make you cranky? #85  
I got the chickenpox vaccine as soon as it came out in the mid 90's. I don't want them again. I also got the shingles vaccine, as I'm a prime candidate for shingles.
I had shingles when I was in my '40s. It's a great disease for your worst enemy. It was like being stung by bees 24 hours a day for a month.

When the old live virus vaccine came out, I went to county health and paid cash for it, because my insurance wouldn't cover it. By the time the new Shingrix 2-shot vaccine came out, I was old enough that it was "medically recommended," so insurance covered it. Shingles is one disease I fear. My dad had a friend who came down with it and never got over it. He was in pain for the rest of his life.

You better believe I signed up for the Covid vaccine as early as possible. One of my friends spent 10 days on a ventilator, and by the time you get that far you're probably going to die. He survived, but had such severe heart damage he had to have heart surgery. I'm in my mid 70s, and still have some of my vitality. I can cut my own firewood, tinker in the shop, take care of the house, and go pheasant hunting with my spaniel. Covid could take that from me. I have heard that as many as a third of people who come down with Covid experience lasting symptoms. I have friends who are "long haulers," and it took them from being normal to being cripples. It took their life away.

/ Did the Covid shot make you cranky? #86  
Especially those with advancing years...

/ Did the Covid shot make you cranky? #87  
I put off getting Shingrix so timing wouldn't delay my appointment for a C-19 vax. Might as well have taken it in December '20 if I'd known I'd be waiting until March '21. The year isn't over.

/ Did the Covid shot make you cranky? #88  
Did not have any psychological reactions to either of the two Pfizer shots.....but did have a temp of 100.1 the next morning after the second shot....they were 3 weeks apart. All's well here I'm glad to report. Our county health dept did an outstanding job of taking care of the elderly processing.

/ Did the Covid shot make you cranky? #89  
I had chills night after my first shot (Moderna), sore arm, fatigue, but no more cranky than normal. Second shot I immediately loaded out 2 loads of grain (bottom of bin, no sweep, lots of shoveling). No ill effects, didn't even feel sore from the shot. Working the arm hard afterward seems to help - or it gives you other aches so you don't notice side effects.

/ Did the Covid shot make you cranky? #90  
I had the Pfizer. Sore arm and felt like I had a cold for a day after the first one. Second one gave me a REALLY sore arm, some fever, and a vicious headache for the day. It felt like a bad hangover.

Status
Not open for further replies.