Did the Covid shot make you cranky?

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Did the Covid shot make you cranky? #121  
I got my second Pfizer about 8 hours ago, I’m just as cranky as ever. So far nothing but minor side affects. I just read they will probably want to give you a third vaccine within a year for the Pfizer. Kind of starting to feel like this will be a treadmill thing and I just got on.

/ Did the Covid shot make you cranky? #122  
My county health doc is a really smart guy. He says he expects us to get a combo covid/flu vaccine every September or October, as people head indoors to infect each other. We already have Covid strains loose that will infect people even if they are vaccinated or have had the disease before. The human race has a new major disease. It's never going to go away.

/ Did the Covid shot make you cranky? #124  
My county health doc is a really smart guy. He says he expects us to get a combo covid/flu vaccine every September or October, as people head indoors to infect each other. We already have Covid strains loose that will infect people even if they are vaccinated or have had the disease before. The human race has a new major disease. It's never going to go away.
Larry, your doc is probably right . . . it is like what we have been doing with the flu every year only this is more dangerous.

/ Did the Covid shot make you cranky? #125  
Not sure about cranky. I was too sick to be cranky. My second Moderna made me feel like I got run over by a truck. A big ass truck.
1st Moderna shot, I felt just fine the day of the shot, woke up on day two nauseous with a headache.

Ended up puking my guts out for almost 46 hours..., followed by a migraine.

Second shot I drank a bunch of water took probiotics and just had a sore arm which i got rid of by splitting firewood.

Only consistent side effect I have noticed since the shots are a lot of very vivid dreams on many nights.
Just yesterday our grand daughters boyfriends mother tested positive for Covid, She is an antivaxxer and has underlying health conditions, Her choice, and I hope she is OK.
We had our grand daughter tested today - negative. her boyfriend to be tested tomorrow.
Glad i got the shots since they are living with us for the moment.

Last edited:
   / Did the Covid shot make you cranky? #126  
Larry, your doc is probably right . . . it is like what we have been doing with the flu every year only this is more dangerous.
I really think it depends on how densely populated you are living or working in. I have never had a flu shot, and I can’t remember the last time I had the flu, certainly not since I’ve been living in N idaho (moved here 1996). I did get the flu when I lived in southern calif.

i have only met one person up here that tested positive for Covid-19. He said it only felt like a cold, but temporary loss of smell and taste. No other symptoms.

we’ve been eating out in restaurants since 10/2020 after they lifted the restaurant ban. Back then you had to mask up until you were seated. Now days No masks required (except for Red Robin until seated) all condiments are back on the table.

Only store that insists on masks is Costco. Of all the restaurants the only ones not seating indoors is my favorite chineese restaurant and dell taco. Rest are open. Most have plexiglass partitions at tables. Main reason being way, way less populated here.

A few of my older friends are getting shots. One person got an infection after getting the 1st shot, but doing better now. I hope the shot doesn’t make you grumpier, cause another older friend just got his....and he’s ALWAYS grumpy enough for 2 people.

/ Did the Covid shot make you cranky? #127  
... dell taco. ...
Macho-sized!!

We had one here for a couple years and then they closed. I really like their large menu. I could always find something satisfying. Found one in Oklahoma a few months ago. (y)

/ Did the Covid shot make you cranky? #128  
My 70 year old neighbor had covid during the summer. It was still recommended she get vaccinated. She did and on the second shot she said it was worse than the covid.

/ Did the Covid shot make you cranky? #129  
Especially those with advancing years...

Yes, like my 91 year-old FIL. Got Covid, minimal symptoms except tiredness, and after, he went ahead and got 2 shots of Pfizer. (Second one just yesterday.). Just waiting to see if the other shoe is going to drop re: “long haul” symptoms.

BTW I heard on CNN today that 74 people died who have been vaccinated. Is that right? (We haven’t had any here in Canada.)

/ Did the Covid shot make you cranky? #130  
Yes, like my 91 year-old FIL. Got Covid, minimal symptoms except tiredness, and after, he went ahead and got 2 shots of Pfizer. (Second one just yesterday.). Just waiting to see if the other shoe is going to drop re: “long haul” symptoms.

BTW I heard on CNN today that 74 people died who have been vaccinated. Is that right? (We haven’t had any here in Canada.)
There have been some people that contracted the virus after being fully immunized, and died as a result. No vaccine is 100% effective. 69 million people (21%) have been fully vaccinated in the US. Looks like less than a million (less than 2%) in Canada. There is also evidence in Canada that individuals are contracting the virus after being fully vaccinated, but no deaths as of now.

If the numbers in this last article are correct, about 7% of those who are fully vaccinated have contracted the virus. So, about a 93% success rate....so far.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.